Sales and Distribution - Silver Spring, MD | Virtual, DC | Virtual, VA | Virtual, MDPremier Sales Executive (MD, DC, VA territory)
About the position
Sales Executive Experienced in Retaining Profitable Business
Prudential’s Group Insurance sales team is seeking a Premier Sales Executive with the ability to pursue and retain high levels of profitable business and solid relationships in a defined territory through proposal activity and broker development. The Premier Sales Executive is a team player who will support Prudential’s presence in the marketplace in a variety of ways and be able to evaluate risk by judging industry, plan design, broker relationships, and legal ramifications.
Daily activities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing Request for Proposals (RFP's), discussing Plan features or enhancements with a consultant to better serve the needs of the client and their employees with a focus in the 100-4,999 lives.
- Working closely with the Underwriting/Contracts and Compliance departments to negotiate the best pricing.
- Developing relationships with key producers and consultants.
- Targeting and selecting accounts to submit to Underwriting.
- Coordinating and conducting finalist meetings.
- Coordinating and conducting CE classes, Lunch & Learns and meetings about Prudential’s Group Insurance products and services.
- Partnering with Account Management.
- 3+ years selling Group Life and Disability Insurance with a major ancillary competitor.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Solid leadership abilities.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high performance culture
- Sophisticated understanding of underwriting concepts and risk analysis
- Advanced sales and technical ability in the 500+ employee market.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- A high level of intermediary relationships and strong professional reputation.
- Thorough understanding of all of Group Insurance products and strategies.
- Ability to obtain a state Group Life and Health Insurance license within 30 days of hire.
Join Prudential’s Group Insurance and be a part of one of the strongest, most respected group insurance companies in the nation, where you’ll have the opportunity to move your career forward in a dynamic, solutions-oriented team environment.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.