About the position
PGIM Investments is dedicated to helping clients solve their toughest investment challenges—whether it’s capital growth, reliable income, or protection from market volatility and other risks. As part of PGIM, the global investment management business of Prudential Financial, PGIM Investments is the manufacturer and distributor of retail mutual funds sold primarily through third-party distribution channels. The products and strategies we create are managed by PGIM, which is Prudential’s asset management organization. Prudential has become recognized as a leading provider of investment solutions for institutional and retail clients. Our reputation for financial strength, investment talent, risk management, and thought leadership has led to rapid growth.
The primary role of the Internal Wholesaler is to drive sales and build relationships with Financial Professionals selling PGIM Investments, Mutual Funds and Managed Accounts. The Internal Wholesaler must achieve and maintain a expert knowledge of the PGIM Investments product line and the Mutual Fund Industry.
This entails proficiency with various forms of communications including but not limited to;
- Developing relationships with Financial Professionals through outbound calls
- Communicating with Financial Professionals through letters and email
- Handling special projects as assigned within Desk
- Attending various sales meetings and training sessions
- Maintenance of PC based contact management system
- Responding to inbound Product and Sales calls
- FINRA series 7 license is required for this position. Candidates with a FINRA series 6 will be considered but must obtain the series 7 within 180 days of hire
- FINRA series 63 or 66 is required for this position and must be obtained within 30 days of hire
- A valid resident state insurance license is required and must be obtained within 60 days of hire
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Financial Industry experience in a sales capacity with Mutual Funds and/or Managed Accounts
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Bachelors Degree preferred in business or related field
- Minimal travel
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.