About the position
PGIM Real Estate is the global real estate investment business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). Redefining the real estate investing landscape since 1970, PGIM Real Estate has professionals in 18 cities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific with deep local knowledge and expertise, and gross assets under management of $66.0 billion ($47.6 billion net) as of December 31, 2016.
PGIM Real Estate’s tenured team offers to its global client base a broad range of real estate investment vehicles that span the risk-return spectrum across core, core plus, value-add, debt, securities, and specialized investment strategies. For more information, please visit http://www.pgimrealestate.com.
The Director, Real Estate Fund Accounting, will be a member of the Fund Operations team that services and supports PGIM Real Estate in the accounting and reporting of real estate investments acquired within PGIM Real Estate’s domestic portfolios. The Director will be primarily accountable for the accurate and timely accounting and reporting for their assigned portfolios. This position will be a key point of contact for all business and other functional teams as it relates to their assigned portfolios.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the timely and accurate preparation and review of quarterly and annual financial statements;
- Ensuring the timely and accurate preparation and review of quarterly data submission to various industry organizations and consultants;
- Interacting with the Portfolio Managers on strategic operational planning and other operational support issues as they arise;
- Supporting the Asset Managers in on-going operational matters;
- Interacting with PGIM Real Estate Legal and Transaction staff on the acquisitions and sales of investments;
- Interacting with PGIM Real Estate Policy group in implementing new accounting policies and the application of the appropriate accounting treatment in various complicated transactions;
- Interacting with PGIM Real Estate Systems on various initiatives as it impacts property/portfolio data;
- Overseeing various audits with internal and external auditors;
- Constructing and/or leading various training classes for Operations or cross functional groups - such as accounting for complex deal structures, record keeping within certain systems, and/or the rolling out of new or changes to existing processes;
- Assist in supervising and directing senior level accounting professionals;
- Reviewing deliverables and managing deadlines of the third-party fund administrator;
- Contributing to firm wide projects, initiates, and process improvements as they pertain to assigned portfolios or the overall Fund Operations team.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
7-10 years of experience in financial accounting including financial statement preparation and review
Experience in the real estate investment management industry strongly preferred
Prior experience in public accounting or CPA strongly preferred
Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as it relates to fair market value of real estate and fund accounting
Understanding of data validation and flow as it relates to accounting/operations deliverables and their downstream effect on other reporting systems/teams
Experience with managing a third-party fund administrator
Knowledge of and experience with REIT structures and taxation strongly preferred
Ability to manage and prioritize multiple processes within tight deadlines while responding to various requests from multiple parties
Working knowledge of joint venture waterfalls and income calculations
Experience calculating asset management and incentive fee calculations
Knowledge of performance return calculations and GIPS a plus
Proficient in Excel
Strong leadership and management skills
Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
Strong interpersonal, communication and partnering skills
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.