Tax - Madison, NJ Associate Manager, PGIM Real Estate Tax
About the position
MISSION AND CULTURE OF PRUDENTIAL
Prudential is a company of smart, ambitious professionals working together to create a better future for our customers and our communities around the globe. As one of the most recognizable financial services companies in the world, our employees are building on our 140-year history of financial strength with a focus on innovation and transformation to meet tomorrow’s most complicated challenges. We are committed to the growth and development of our employees. This includes providing talent mobility across the organization, as well as supporting continuous education through tuition reimbursement, in-house review courses and company sponsored training. We see our business success as a direct result of our talent. We are renowned for our diverse culture and our continued efforts to give back to the communities where we live and work.
FINANCE OPPORTUNITY IN PGIM
PGIM, the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial Inc., is a multi-manager that delivers industry-leading strategies and solutions to clients. With offices located in 16 countries across five continents, PGIM is among the top 10 largest asset managers in the world as of December 31, 2015 with over $1 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2016. Each business maintains its own investment process and culture, allowing for a singular focus on delivering investment returns for clients. The PGIM businesses offer investors a wide range of investment strategies across asset classes and geographies, including public equities, public and private fixed income, commercial mortgages and real estate.
Prudential Global Investment Management (“PGIM”) is seeking a Tax Associate Manager to work in its PGIM RE Finance group. The group reports directly to the Asset Management Segment VP Finance, and interacts with all levels of business management in PREI. The successful candidate will be part of the group responsible for tax oversight of PGIM Real Estate’s fund level tax engagements and will report directly to the Director, Tax.
The Tax Associate Manager will be responsible for liaising with various internal personnel to collect information needed for the completion of fund level tax engagements performed by external accounting firms. They must have a good understanding of U.S. tax rules or real estate investment funds particularly REITs and partnerships.
Examples of the successful candidate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Internal management of fund level tax engagements with external accounting firms, including the review of the returns as necessary.
- Creating / maintaining tracking databases for tax related information and returns.
- Coordination and processing of tax returns for filing.
- Responsible for coordination of quarterly 817(h) testing for separate account investments.
- Fund FIN 48 analysis.
- Knowledge of the FATCA laws along with the ability to manage the regime to ensure full business compliance.
- Coordination of receipt of underlying entity tax information (including information returns and partnership returns) for fund and property level tax work.
- Coordination of estimated and/or actual ax information needed by fund participants.
- Responsibility for review of federal and state tax work as required.
- Responsibility for resolution of tax notices from any taxing authority.
- Involvement in tax support for product and deal structuring.
- Ability to manage the tax payments and filing process. Following process controls to ensure filings are made timely.
- Provides guidance and leadership of one Junior Associate and will be responsible for their direct supervision.
- Assisting with REIT testing reviews and other miscellaneous REIT related tax initiatives.
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, economics or other related business disciplines required.
- CPA and/or Masters Degree in tax or accounting a plus.
- Corporate Tax experience (5+ years), financial services sector is preferred with real estate expertise a plus.
- Knowledge of basic international tax compliance concepts.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analytic and organization skills.
- Strong computer skills – proficient in standard Microsoft applications.
- Understating of REIT related tax issues a plus. Additional Knowledge/Skills:
- Knowledge of Corporate Tax topics, specifically related to real estate investments.
- Strong communication skill both written and oral.
- Superior interpersonal, communication and partnering skills.
- Highly developed tax research and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Strong work ethic and able to partner in a team-oriented environment as well as able to work independently and exhibit resourcefulness.
- Organized and flexible - ability to manage multiple projects/assignments, while meeting deadlines.
- Possible travel to Corporate Tax Department in Newark, NJ.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
Tax AccountantTax - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: TAX00056
Senior Tax Analyst, InsuranceTax - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: TAX00054
Tax Analyst, Insurance/Annuities ComplianceTax - Newark, NJ | Dresher, PA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: TAX00051
The specific Product Tax Unit position being interviewed for at this time is Insurance. Applicants with Annuities Products/Compliance also being considered. (see below).
This position may sit in either Newark, NJ or Fort Washington, PA locations.
Prudential Financial is seeking a motivated individual to join the Product Tax Unit as a Tax Analyst. The position requires a team player who is highly organized, responsive, and flexible, with the ability to handle multiple projects achieving sustainable results.
The Tax Analyst will provide compliance support to one or...