Prudential is seeking a Project Manager (Manager, Digital Project Management) with a proven track record of leading large, complex initiatives with heavy technology requirements and strong business connectivity. You must be resilient and flexible to meet the high demands of a start-up culture within the complexities of a large, established company. With deep project management expertise and an ownership mentality, you must be able to seamlessly connect broad-scale holistic project management disciplines with agile development methodologies. You are a strong team...
Project/Program Management - Newark, NJ Investments Project Management Associate
About the position
Prudential Capital Group (PCG) is a PGIM business, and one of the largest asset managers of private fixed income securities with more than $82 billion of private debt and equity investments in more than 1,000 companies worldwide (as of December 31, 2017). Prudential Capital Group typically invests up to $13 billion annually in privately placed senior and mezzanine financings to middle-market companies. With 13 regional offices worldwide, Prudential Capital Group is known for investing in relationships, providing strategic capital and delivering consistent results. Prudential Capital has earned a reputation for providing financing across the private capital risk spectrum. Prudential Capital's regional office network has locations in the U.S. -- Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Newark, San Francisco; the UK/Europe -- London, Paris, Milan and Frankfurt; and Australia – Sydney. (*The Sydney office operates through PGIM (Australia) Pty Ltd.)
Prudential Capital Group (PCG) is looking for a Business Analyst / Project Manager to work with the PCG Information & Technology Services (IT&S) team. This position supports the annual delivery of projects on the IT&S roadmap providing both business analysis and project management functions as needed. The candidate will support all phases of the project and software development lifecycles following the existing process framework. The candidate will also provide suggestions and feedback to ensure this dynamic framework remains current. The incumbent will consult with the business unit and / or related supporting functions to complete in depth business analysis leading to the development of an application or function that will solve and automate complex business processes. The incumbent will also work with the IT&S team and business clients to maintain the overall project quality within the planned scope, schedule and cost. This position may need to research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most efficient and cost-effective solution for a business need.
· Build and maintain positive relationships with business clients including PCG investment teams, the centralized credit & capital market teams and the operations and finance teams who support them.
· Partner with various resources as needed such as corporate partners and outside vendors.
· Serve as a liaison between the business partners and the IT development group to ensure business requirements fit within PCG and Prudential technology standards.
· Analyze, define and document business requirements to enable development of a product that meets or exceeds the original business need.
· Understand and follow the complete Software Development Life Cycle methodology.
· Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
· Gain familiarity with all aspects of PCG’s business model in order to effectively develop new system applications and/or improve existing business processes.
· Develops project plans and timelines and actively works with all involved parties to maintain project schedules.
· Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
· Ability to travel up to 10-20% of the time. Travel requirements are cyclical, usually based on application development timing.
· Minimum 4 years of IT experience with a focus on business analysis and project management. Experience in the financial services industry a plus.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or related field.
· Strong Microsoft Office skills required.
· Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities.
· Ability to effectively partner and build relationships with business and systems partners.
· Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to effectively troubleshoot and perform root-cause analysis.
· Strong team player.
· Comfortable voicing opinions and making recommendations for process improvements.
· Knowledge of databases and SQL preferred.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
Manager, Digital Proejct ManagementProject/Program Management - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: PLA00081
Project Management Specialist, ISS Program OfficeProject/Program Management - Hartford, CT | Scranton, PA | Dubuque, IA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: ISS0000J
The Individual Segment Solutions (ISS) organization is comprised of over 400 associates focused on delivering outcomes to Retirement Participants every day. The group is made of the Participant Service Center, Phone and Field Based Retirement Counselors providing a host of solutions through multiple channels. The Program Office is a centralized team within ISS focused on looking holistically across the organization to create streamlined processes, transparent and consistent measurement and initiative support. This role will play in an integral role in furthering the...
Technology Project ManagerProject/Program Management - El Paso, TX
- Full Time Position
- Job No: EP 00038
The Prudential El Paso PMO has continued to expand and is currently looking to hire an experienced IT Project Manager / Senior Project Manager to be part of one or more core business unit team’s responsible for successfully delivering infrastructure and/or application development projects on behalf of our business partners. The successful candidate would be expected to have current IT project management experience, strong communication (soft) skills, leadership ability and a proven track record of Project delivery success.
- Plan, control and...
Sr Analyst, Longevity Risk TransferProject/Program Management - Newark, NJ | Moosic, PA | Hartford, CT
- Full Time Position
- Job No: INT000FD
Prudential’s Global Pension Risk Transfer (PRT) business is the world’s leading provider of pension risk transfer solutions, specializing in buy-in and buy-out transactions in the U.S. and longevity risk transfer globally. Our team has completed the largest and most noteworthy pension risk transfer transactions ever done. Prudential provided the U.S. buy-outs for General Motors, Verizon, Motorola and others totaling almost $40 billion. Prudential also led the ground-breaking $28 billion longevity swap for British Telecom in 2014 and has reinsured the pensioner...