Sales and Distribution - Basking Ridge, NJ O&C Associate
About the position
Operations and Controls Specialist JDQ
The Operations and Controls Specialist will provide administrative support in the operations area of a professional sales office. The Operations and Control Specialist will support the sales office in the areas of: new business, compliance, business quality, financial, new financial professional hires, licensing, technology, report generation, administrative support, special projects, document retention and management, customer support and general office support.
- Supporting the sales office in financial professional and management recruiting,
- Tracking and monitoring candidates progress through the pre-hire and appointment process
- Receptionist duties including answering and directing phone calls, and opening, sorting and distributing mail.
- Providing administrative support to the Managing Director and front line management team
- Supporting training for the financial professionals, management and other firm staff
- Tracking relevant industry economic and legal changes
- Reading relevant industry and financial publications
- Supporting the sales office to ensure the timely issuance of new business from the underwriting division
- Supporting the BQP process by collecting appropriate data via FOCUS
- Processing incoming and outgoing policy transfers
- Recommending specific action plans to solve problems regarding new business
- Interfacing with home office staff to expedite process of underwriting
- Monitoring and tracking mandatory certification process (PLN)
- Maintaining all financial professional candidate files and selection requirements
- Paying firm bills through appropriate system
- Must possess strong organizational and communications skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Word and Excel knowledge
- Customer service experience
- Strong work ethic
- Results oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adjust priorities to meet changing business needs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Customer Focused - understands the importance of building and maintaining our customer base
Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Prudential, including their current position if they are an internal applicant.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW. The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Prudential is an Employer that participates in E-Verify.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.