Legal - Newark, NJ Vice President, Corporate Counsel
About the position
The Mergers & Acquisitions group of Prudential Financial’s Law Department (Newark, NJ) is seeking an attorney with substantial expertise with merger, acquisition and disposition-related matters. The attorney would join a small team responsible for supporting Prudential’s Corporate Development function in connection with Prudential’s strategic M&A activity across all of its financial services businesses, both domestically and internationally. The attorney will be expected to interact and partner with senior members of management.
- Participating in the development of preliminary indications of interest in targets around the world
- Providing upfront structuring advice with respect to contemplated acquisitions and dispositions
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of agreements, including, without limitation, purchase and sale agreements, joint venture and shareholder agreements, transition services agreements, investment banking engagement letters, and confidentiality agreements
- Providing advice with respect to assessing both legal risks and reputational risks arising out of contemplated transactions
- Coordinating with other Law Department and Prudential associates with respect to tax, labor and employment, technology, intellectual property, litigation, benefits, real estate, government affairs, public relations and other matters
- Advising business personnel on market standards for various approaches to issues
- Effectively managing and overseeing utilization of outside law firms to provide cost-effective legal services
- Provide support, as needed, for other transaction related initiatives within the Law Department
- Willingness to travel
- At least seven (7) years of extensive M&A legal experience at a major law firm
- Experience with cross-border transactions and the insurance and financial services industry helpful, but not required
- Ability to balance large volume of deals simultaneously and perform effectively under strict time constraints
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstration of a high degree of sophisticated judgment and business acumen
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communications skills
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.