About the position
We are currently seeking a Communication Specialist to support the Law, Compliance, Business Ethics and External Affairs (LCBE) group within Prudential.
The successful candidate must have the ability to create robust written content for the LCBE, particularly in support of the Department’s internal employee portal. Candidate should be comfortable innovating new ways to communicate with Department Associates at all levels, providing both formal substantive content as well as informal personal stories to help support LCBE's employee engagement activities.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for supporting methods of other department wide communications, including mass e-mail distributions, videos, podcasts and print. Processes daily updates to the company's Intranet site and assists in the development and distribution of Department wide e-mail notes, including frequent news summaries. Must be a self-starter. Requires strong writing and editing skills for both print and online publications, familiarity for online graphics, and technical expertise. Will provide technical support for the department portal as needed. This role will also support the creation and updates of training and information content.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to deliver clear messages for diverse audiences.
- Technical expertise, with the ability to maintain the Intranet site.
- Ability to work independently on complex projects.
- Creative problem solver with a clear focus on achieving results.
- Deadline driven with the ability to understand the overall strategy and create innovative, compelling ideas to holistically fulfill strategies
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office (primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Portal Connections (Share Point), social media and interactive communications channels. Experience in Premier, iMovie or other video editing experience a strong plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a communications or public relations role
- A third level business qualification in a communications discipline or equivalent
- Experienced in: Newsletter Publication, Internet Publication, Press Release Publication and Video Production.
- Strategic internal communications planning and execution experience.
- Experience in supporting executive communications.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and maintain communication plans.
- Experience with organizational change efforts.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.