Sales and Distribution - Dresher, PA | Newark (NJ), NJ | Newark (NJ), NJ | Shelton, CT | BL00040--PA-Virtual Office, PA | Newark (NJ), NJ | BL00007--CT-Virtual Office, CT | BL00033--NJ-Virtual Office, NJ | Hartford, CTManager, Strategic Distribution Initiatives
About the position
This position will be responsible for ensuring that the ISG Sales and Distribution strategy prioritization and execution aligns with its key partners, especially with regards to Marketing and Product, and with a specific focus in the IMO Channel. This individual will ensure that all parties are focused on and executing against agreed upon, prioritized initiatives and other bodies of work. They will also be responsible for helping to facilitate, plan and follow-up on strategic distribution strategy, prioritization, collaboration and advisory council meetings and initiatives.
The incumbent will serve as the 'go to' for the IMO Channel market strategy. They will be accountable for developing an overall IMO Channel strategy, as well as partnering with all IMO teams to design a specific strategy to penetrate and grow each IMO partner firm. This role will be responsible for identifying real needs, driving channel priorities and executing innovative solutions to help Prudential stand out in the IMO Market to deliver unique and exceptional value to our partners.
This role will ensure clear, concise, and cohesive communication from S&D/IMO Channel to our partners thus reducing additional work on their end. Successful incumbents will possess exceptional relationship skills with a significant and deep level of knowledge of marketing and product disciplines, with the ability to develop exceptional insight and understanding into the needs of the IMO and other channel markets. They must be well versed in industry processes as well as technology platforms and solutions in order to have conversations and drive decisions that will require expert knowledge while creating high levels of confidence.
- Developing and executing marketing strategies for the IMO channel and each IMO firm partner
- Represents the goals and needs of the Sales and Distribution Organization and IMO Channel, while informing their prioritization with the Marketing group
- Meets regularly with wholesaling teams to design, follow-up and execute on specific needs and strategies
- Meets regularly with key partners to understand what they are working on/prioritizing to ensure it aligns with agreed upon priorities/projects
- Conducts rapid root cause analyses as appropriate to ensure issues are quickly identified and solutions triaged
- Ensures key constituents have effective communication processes in place that ensures just in time information is with the right people at the right time
- Ensures communication flow within S&D/IMO Channel is effective, leveraging existing forums where they are able to provide important updates
- Aggregates feedback from sales teams and works with the appropriate business unit to drive change
- Keeps Senior Leadership apprised of project updates and statuses
- Troubleshoots emerging problems and holds meetings to solve for issues without involvement of Senior ISG S&D Leadership
- Helps plan strategic distribution strategy, prioritization and advisory council meetings, which includes creating agendas, meeting minutes and following-up on key take-aways
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in discipline/business (Financial Services, Sales & Marketing)
- Must be familiar with Technology platforms and solutions that are in the marketplace today that could be leveraged to solve issues or improve processes
- Strong project management, needs analysis, attention to detail and relationship management skills
- Significant Operational and Distribution Model Knowledge
- Able to have respectful and challenging conversations with senior leaders
- Able to engage groups of people to work and address issues collaboratively
- Effective at navigating and working through chaos
- Seasoned professional that can navigate challenging conversations to arrive at an optimal position at a rapid pace
- Resourceful learner with the ability to organize and execute on multiple projects simultaneously
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.