Product Management - Hartford, CT Director - Investment Platform Strategy
About the position
- Development of an integrated investment platform strategy
- Management of investment platform access policies & governance functions (Investment Availability/Sourcing)
- Driving product sourcing, pricing and integration strategies for affiliated and non-affiliated investment manufactures
- Influencing change – both externally with key market constituents including advisors, clients, product manufacturers and distributors, and internally by shaping strategies to for new revenue generation across the business system in collaboration with priorities of full service P&L segments (DC, DB, NQ, Retail)
- Accountability for investment platform P&L and third-party contractual relationships including negotiation of revenue share and expense reimbursement arrangements (Integration and Access)
- Management of custom client investment solutions (Product Development/Mgmt.)
- Management of centralized RFP investment content (Platform Positioning)
- Management and coordination of operational/legal/communications (internal & external) related activities stemming from investment menu changes
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; MBA preferred.
10+ years of retirement services industry experience. Excellent understanding of investment products and services in the context of record-keeping business.
Deep financial, quantitative and analytical acumen, including experience investment solutions delivery and risk management.
Deep understanding of applicable regulatory and compliance environment.
Demonstrated experience in establishing and managing effective business controls processes and risk-management culture.
Relentless focus on delivering exceptional client experience while optimizing business results.
Experience in effectively engaging with clients, advisors and third parties and driving optimal business outcomes.
Courage to take intelligent risks, and a proven ability to be a catalyst of decision making within the larger organization.
Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to build high performing teams and a culture consistent with Prudential core values. Comfortable not having direct control over all resources required to achieve business goals and empowering others to lead.
Strong influencing skills, proven track record building consensus and driving results in a fast paced, fluid, heavily matrixed and highly regulated environment.
Demonstrated success as a positive change agent that led meaningful business transformation; approaching each task with a ‘can do’ attitude and a goal of motivating and inspiring others.
Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiating win-win outcomes effectively and tactfully.
Ability to approach work with intellectual curiosity and transparency, with an openness to giving and receiving feedback. Self-awareness of strengths and opportunities and willingness to learn, grow and improve.
Exceptional verbal and written communication/presentation skills; experience in communications with external audiences.
FINRA series 7 and 24 required, to be obtained within 120 days of employment.
Job location: Hartford, CT
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
Vice President, Financial Wellness Product AccessProduct Management - Roseland, NJ | Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: WSG0000J
Leader, Variable Annuities Product DevelopmentProduct Management - Shelton, CT | Dresher, PA | Newark, NJ | Hartford, CT
- Full Time Position
- Job No: PRO000LZ
The Variable Annuities Product Development Director will drive the development of solutions that modernize our variable offerings in core distribution channels. This individual will be responsible for leading cross-functional initiatives to identify and explore new capabilities and develop a go-to-market plan incorporating the path to a minimally viable offering and its future iterations.
- Effectively collaborate in a matrix environment both within the Product Management team and beyond to execute new product development initiatives
- Lead a...
Annuities Product Manager, Product SolutionsProduct Management - Shelton, CT | Hartford, CT | Newark, NJ | Dresher, PA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: PRO000LY
- Partner with sales channels, control...
Product Manager, IllustrationsProduct Management - Shelton, CT | Dresher, PA | Hartford, CT
- Full Time Position
- Job No: PRO000M1