About the position
PGIM, the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial Inc., is a multi-manager organization that delivers industry-leading strategies and solutions to clients around the world. Prudential Capital Group (PCG) is a PGIM business, and one of the largest asset managers of private fixed income securities with more than $82 billion of private debt and equity investments in more than 1,000 companies worldwide (as of December 31, 2017). Prudential Capital Group typically invests up to $13 billion annually in privately placed senior and mezzanine financings to middle-market companies.
With 13 regional offices worldwide, Prudential Capital Group is known for investing in relationships, providing strategic capital and delivering consistent results. PCG provides financing across the private capital risk spectrum. PCG’s regional office network has locations in the U.S. -- Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Newark, San Francisco; the UK/Europe -- London, Paris, Milan and Frankfurt; and Australia – Sydney. (The Sydney office operates through PGIM (Australia) Pty Ltd.)
Prudential Private Placement Investors, LP (PPPI) is the registered investment advisory unit of the PCG. We manage $15 billion for plan sponsors and other non-affiliated institutional investors. Our flag ship fund PRIVEST has consistently been among the top performing funds in its class. PPPI has an opening for an Investment Associate who would be dedicated to the PPPI team and report to the Managing Director responsible for the group. The position is located in Newark, NJ, and at times, significant travel will be required.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
Investment Associates at PCG play a critical part in business development, new transaction analysis and portfolio management. In this role, the Investment Associate has the opportunity to not only leverage their existing background and career experiences, but also build and apply a unique blend of skills, including financial analysis, marketing, transactions structuring, negotiation and client management.
The Investment Associate in PPPI will be responsible for:
- Portfolio management: Serve as the primary contact for some of our institutional clients. Understand client’s investment management agreements and oversee execution of the investment process relative to those agreements and internal policies. Oversee reporting for that client. Work with the Managing Director in developing tactical plans to meet investor’s investment objectives.
- Marketing/Business development: Have responsibility for primary marketing of our investment grade and below investment grade capabilities to a defined segment of the global pension and insurance company market. Work with broader PGIM marketing resources in representing our capabilities. Supplement those broader resources with targeted direct calling. Work with PPPI client service team in refining and developing marketing materials.
- Product development. Work with other PPPI staff, legal and other PGIM resources in developing new products or vehicles in representing our asset class. Perform market research in helping to define that approach.
- Excellent analytical, accounting and marketing skills. Ideally 3-4 years of previous investment or similar business experience
- An MBA, or in pursuit of an MBA, with a focus/major within Finance, Investments or other quantitative subjects would be a plus
- Familiarity with the capital markets (knowledge of debt and equity security terms and valuation methodologies)
- Strong writing, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required
- Strong desire to make marketing calls and a natural ability to connect with people
- Participation in the Chartered Financial Analysts® (CFA) program is a plus
- Willingness to travel (30 to 50%). Might also include international travel
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.