Human Resources - Newark, NJ Vice President, Human Resources - Individual Solutions Group
About the position
Prudential is one of the largest financial services companies in the world and consistently recognized as an environment where talent develops and grows.
Set the strategic direction and lead a seasoned team of HR professionals.
Partner with senior leaders to plan/drive change, enhance organizational effectiveness, identify areas for improvement and develop/implement related strategies.
Implement operational efficiencies to build a high-performing culture.
- Consult on all key HR-related disciplines including organizational design, talent and succession planning and performance management.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and confidante to senior leaders; coaching and consulting with management teams on all people related issues.
- Partner with client groups in executing all cyclical processes such as annual compensation, performance management, succession management and Employee Engagement Survey analysis and action planning.
- Collaborate with HR partners from Talent Management Centers of Expertise, Corporate Benefits, Diversity and Inclusion, as well as Employment Law to deliver against HR’s overall strategic commitments for the business.
Demonstrate the highest levels of ethics, values and integrity; should be highly respected within current/previous organizations and within the industry as a trusted professional. Will stand up for managing the right way and create a safe to say environment.
Demonstrate high energy, resiliency, capacity and the ability to manage multiple priorities and make ongoing decisions.
Demonstrate good balance of confidence and humility, which will solidify trust and enhance ability to get things done.
Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability. Needs to be fluid and effective as business conditions and organizational dynamics change. Remain calm and thoughtful, yet decisive under pressure.
A self-critical and disciplined approach, with a positive, constructive attitude toward managing.
Adapts communications and style to meet colleagues’ needs and expresses information in a clear, direct way.
Possesses the ability, experience and confidence to effectively manage change throughout the organization.
10+ years HR experience with prior senior HR consulting responsibility, talent management and people leadership.
- Solid working knowledge in all major HR disciplines (succession planning, compensation, diversity/EEO, learning and development, organization development/effectiveness, talent acquisition).
- Proven record of effectively operating at both a strategic and tactical level and demonstrated ability to manage multiple and diverse issues. Successful track record of relationship building, problem solving and demonstrating sound judgment.
- An expert on operational efficiency and high-performing cultures and will become a trusted partner with senior leadership.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Superior written, listening and oral communications skills.
- Based in Newark, NJ, with the ability to travel nationwide when the need arises.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
Senior Talent Acquisition PartnerHuman Resources - Dresher, PA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: TAL0002Y
Director, HR Business Partner (Actuarial )Human Resources - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: ACT000QH
Vice President, Prudential Advisors Human ResourcesHuman Resources - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: AGE0001D
Prudential is one of the largest financial services companies in the world and consistently recognized as an environment where talent develops and grows. The company distributes its U.S. insurance and annuity products through a variety of channels, including internal financial professionals in ‘Prudential Advisors’, Prudential’s nationwide U.S. sales organization. Prudential Advisors has approximately 4,000 associates including a sales force of over 3,000 financial professionals and approximately 300 field managers, with representation in 49 states. Prudential...
Asset Management Talent Acquisition Consultant, Contract RecruiterHuman Resources - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: TAL0002X
Prudential is seeking an Asset Management Senior Contract Recruiter to work with Hiring Managers to define/hone job specifications and then independently create and execute comprehensive sourcing strategies to reach and attract top talent. As a senior recruiter you will leverage multiple resources and tools to research the external market and source/network to identify and recruit talent. Responsibilities will also include assessing candidates skills and experience and non-technical skills/knowledge and attributes. You will work directly with Hiring Managers and HR...