About the position
Individual Solutions Group (ISG) Human Resources is seeking a bright, motivated, and organized individual for an Executive Assistant position. This individual will perform administrative and project work of significant difficulty and complexity for ISG’s Head of Human Resources, located in Newark, NJ.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide general executive administrative support including but not limited to answering telephone, typing, compiling meeting materials, photocopying, filing, vouchers, and maintaining/ordering supplies.
- Create and maintain a filing system for the Head of HR and maintain sensitive files of reports, presentations, compensation data, etc.
- Print, compile, and/or pull files in preparation for daily meetings.
- Schedule large and/or complex meetings with key clients or senior executives.
- Prepare complex and often sensitive documents, including spreadsheets and/or PowerPoint presentations that will be shared with senior executives and the board.
- Organize and maintain calendar on a daily basis. Manage calendar to determine who has appointment access and what meetings the Head of HR should attend.
- Organize and handle registrations, hotel, and general travel arrangements for offsite meetings, conventions, conferences and seminars.
- Prepare and submit vouchers to Accounts Payable for processing and reconcile any errors/discrepancies.
- Arrange, compile and assemble materials for staff meetings including preparation of minutes as necessary.
- Prepare correspondence as needed.
- Over time, obtain a strong general understanding of ISG’s HR’s business activities and demonstrate continued interest and appetite for further growth.
- Screen and respond to routine and non-routine calls. Independently research and respond to a portion of executive’s email, voicemail, or telephone inquiries.
- Gather and compile information for the Head of HR for one-off analysis from sources such as PeopleSoft, Enterprise Talent Management and Human Capital Analytics (HCA).
- Special projects as assigned.
- A high degree of professionalism and strong work ethic coupled with a sense of responsibility and integrity required.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive information.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, dependability and the ability to communicate with all levels in the organization as well as with important external clients required.
- Excellent meeting planning, project management, and organizational skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent judgment and discretion required in handling highly sensitive, privileged, confidential and/or non-public information in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations for situations not falling clearly within established rules or guidelines necessary.
- Strong initiative, good judgment, resourcefulness, and perseverance needed.
- Attention to detail and prioritization skills needed.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision under tight time constraints as needed while deeply comprehending specific tasks and how those tasks fit into the context of a larger project or organizational objective.
- Ability to work independently but also partner as a team player.
- Willingness to take direction from various sources as required.
- Ability to compose routine letters and/or emails needed as well as the ability to review and edit the work of others for content, structure, clarity, and adherence to proper grammar required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office computer programs, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A minimum of 5 years practical business/administrative experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- Flexibility to work overtime as required
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.