Sales and Distribution - BL00005--CA-Virtual Office, CA | BL00039--OR-Virtual Office, OR | BL00006--CO-Virtual Office, CO | BL00049--WA-Virtual Office, WA | Virtual, ID | Virtual, WY | Virtual, NV | Virtual, MT | Virtual, UTVice President, Annuities Divisional Sales Manager - Independent and Bank/Wirehouse - West
About the position
For more than 135 years, Prudential Financial, Inc. has helped individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. Prudential Annuities, a division of Prudential, provides innovative retirement solutions to help clients meet their retirement income challenges. We are currently seeking an experienced visionary sales professional to enhance our sales organization as the Western Divisional Sales Manager – IBD & Bank, Wirehouse, and Edward Jones Channels.
As Divisional Sales Manager, you will be fully responsible for all sales related activity and strategy for the Division and Channel (as appropriate). Will serve as a member of the Prudential Annuities Sales Management team and will partner with the National Sales Manager in the development of the Annuity sales strategy for the IBD and Bank, Wirehouse, and Edward Jones Channels. As a leader, you will manage, coach and develop a team of External Wholesalers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing strong relationships with the broader ISG Sales Leadership team and Partners in the support and development of, the IBD & Bank.Wire.Jones Channels and the Western Division
- Collaborating with key leaders across the organization to form the Divisional strategy
- Creating a robust talent strategy with a detailed approach to develop all talent within the division; holding all to a high standard of performance and execution
- Creating a Territory Management strategy with each wholesaler and their team to ensure the right levels of focus and execution
- Stays current and informed of business trends inside and outside the channels in order to proactively provide and drive sales solutions and strategies to address them. As well as bring ideas from outside the channel into the division.
- Developing relationships with clients within the channels and assisting with the development of their businesses and the launch of new products as needed
- Developing new business within the territory by regularly meeting with identified Centers of Influence and key partners, providing sales and marketing information. Provide follow up information as requested
- Continuously connects with Firms and Leadership, keeping them up to date on products. Offers information, ideas and other material required in completing sales.
- Managing the sales activity and budgets accordingly.
- Fosters and maintains open communication and constant dialogue with wholesalers.
- Ability to analyze territory trends and craft strategies to address or leverage them
- Ability to translate strategy for employees and articulate steps or approach to bring territory to an optimal state of performance
- Ability to craft and execute a robust talent development strategy for the Division
- Ability to implement talent strategy through coaching and development of all talent within the Division
- Ability to develop impactfull relationships with centers of influence.
- In-depth understanding of annuities industry and key competitors in the marketplace.
- Action oriented - dynamic self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit and drive
- Ability to "sell" the product
- Collaborates effectively with key partners in Marketing, Product, Compliance, and Sales management
- Possess excellent presentation skills both group and one on one settings
- Demonstrated knowledge of more complex annuity and industry-related concepts
- Willing to re-locate into Division geographic footprint
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience
- Strong teamwork orientation
- 6-8 years of sales experience, preferably in financial services
- Series 6 and 63, 65 or 66 required
- Series 26 required within 90 days
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.