Human Resources - Newark (NJ), NJ Vice President, Human Resources Business Partner - PGIM Fixed Income
About the position
PGIM, the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial Inc., is a multi-manager that delivers industry-leading strategies and solutions to institutional and retail clients. Each business maintains its own investment process and culture, allowing for a singular focus on delivering investment returns for clients. The PGIM businesses offer investors a wide range of investment strategies across asset classes and geographies, including public equities, public and private fixed income, commercial mortgages and real estate. PGIM is the 9th largest global asset manager with over $1 trillion in assets under management and Prudential Financial is a company individuals and businesses have trusted with their financial future for over 140 years.
There is an opening for a Vice President and Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to join the global human resources team supporting PGIM Fixed Income. PGIM Fixed Income has approximately 800 employees in Newark, London, Singapore and Japan. This position will report to the PGIM Fixed Income Head of Human Resources and will be supported by a global team of nine in addition to the shared services team within PGIM Human Resources.
- Partner with the PGIM Fixed Income Head of Human Resources on strategic human resources vision and implementation across tactical initiatives, programs and policies
- Provide support in all HR-related disciplines, while partnering closely with centers of expertise, on organizational design, talent and succession planning, performance management, recruiting, and compensation
- Document and maintain PGIM Fixed Income Talent Plan, including development of strategies that will identify critical roles and insure PGIM Fixed Income has a healthy succession bench
- Define a coordinated strategy for the identification of talent early in their career and oversee programs that develop such talent over the longer term
- Provide Human resources business partner support to senior level PGIM Fixed Income executives, across all areas, and locations
- Develop a diversity and inclusion strategy for PGIM Fixed Income including a global perspective
- Use the internal surveys (EQ and Pulse) to assess engagement around trust, collegiality, teamwork, meritocracy, and transparency
- Identify human resources priorities, risk, and opportunities (globally) for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with PGIM Talent and Organizational Effectiveness Team to drive leadership development
- 10 years of human resources experience, preferably supporting an investment organization
- Experience in developing and executing talent and succession strategies
- Experience interfacing with senior business leaders and working independently
- Capability in all major human resources disciplines including: talent management; succession planning; organizational design; recruiting; compensation; training and development; and employee relations
- Record of effectively operating at both a strategic and tactical level
- Ability to manage multiple issues effectively
- Superior written, listening, and oral communications skills
- Successful track record of relationship building, problem solving and sound judgment
- Strong project/process management skills
- Advanced degree in human resources and/or HR certification
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.