Technology - Newark, NJ Scrum Master
About the position
Prudential’s HR Technology Team is looking for a dynamic, highly collaborative and consultative change agent to join our newly forming Workday Solutions team where you will drive transformational change by enhancing business processes and bringing innovation and technology to our workforce.
Reporting to the VP, IT Project Management, the Scrum Master will have the skills and techniques required to manage multiple projects of medium to large scale through a standard or modified SDLC process related to Prudential’s new Global HCM ecosystem, in which Workday is the core solution. You will organize and facilitate sprint planning and release planning sessions, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews and retrospectives, and other Agile/Scrum-related ceremonies working across cross-functional and geographically distributed teams.
Plan, control and monitor projects in accordance with the prescribed methodology
Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
Act as a mediator, resolve risks/issues, and solve problems throughout the project lifecycle
Identify and remove obstacles that may interfere with the ability of the team to deliver assigned goals
Effectively manage project scope by ensuring that changes to scope are documented and approved according to the defined process
Prepare agendas and host project meetings, track issues and risks, prepare status updates to project sponsor and senior management, and work closely with external vendors as required
Partner with the Product Manager and Scrum Teams on User Story sizing and acceptance criteria definition
Facilitate the definition of a Minimum Viable Product
Provide strong commitment and support to the success of the core team
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, a related discipline or equivalent work experience required
- 3 years’ experience facilitating the delivery of successful agile projects
- Scrum Master development and/or deployment experience
- Experience working within a traditional Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC)
- Results oriented with a high degree of independence, collaboration, agility and adaptability
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and evolving priorities
- Ability to work on highly cross-functional geographically distributed project teams
- Ability to work with project team members at all levels
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certifications preferred
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.