Legal - Newark, NJ User Behavior Analytics (UBA) Specialist
About the position
This position requires the ability to proactively work with others across the Enterprise to develop processes associated with User Behavior Analytics. The Analytics Specialist will collect investigative information, a broad array of log data, and knowledge of endpoint forensics to build and refine the capabilities of our enterprise UBA tool. The Analytics Specialist will be tasked with other forensic activities relevant to User Behavior Analytics.
The successful candidate will possess strong technical and interpersonal skills, will provide technical subject matter expertise and will have proven ability to handle multiple high-profile matters and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Information Security team to serve as primary investigations-focused data analytics and UBA platform architect.
- Lead highly sensitive, complex, and confidential investigations into incidents of data loss and intellectual property theft, technology misuse, conflict of interest, and other types of matters.
- Actively work with partners across numerous cybersecurity and investigative focus areas.
- Perform real-time incident handling, including forensics collections and intrusion correlations and tracking.
- Over 5 years professional experience, including at least two years of insider threat, UBA, or high-tech investigation program experience.
- Experience configuring and utilizing user and/or entity behavior analytics (UBA/UEBA) platforms.
- Knowledge of mainstream desktop/server operating systems (UNIX, Windows, OSX, Linux) and file systems (NTFS, exFAT, FAT, HFS/HFS+, APFS, EXT2/3/4).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Industry-accepted certifications (EnCE, CCE, GCFE, GCFA, GCFN, GCIH, GREM, CFCE, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Splunk to execute complex search queries and generate reports.
- Advanced understanding of enterprise networking concepts and protocols.
- Experience with Data Loss Prevention concepts and tool sets
- Experience with analysis of security events from multiple sources including but not limited to events from Security Information Monitoring (SIEM) tools, network and host based intrusion detection systems, firewall logs, system logs (Unix and Windows), mainframes, mid-range, applications, and databases.
- Advanced understanding of common server, desktop, and mobile operating systems (Windows, OSX, Linux) and corresponding file systems (NTFS, FAT, HFS+, EXT, iOS, Android, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft’s Protection Center and the greater Office 365 architecture.
- Experience with endpoint detection and response software.
- Comprehensive understanding of adversarial exploitation, privilege escalation, persistence, and lateral movement techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of cloud computing platforms including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Office 365
- Experience with automation scripting (Python, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell, Bash, etc.)
- Experience with computer network surveillance/monitoring.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.