Project Management - Hartford, CT | Newark, NJ | Roseland, NJ | Iselin, NJVP, Head of Planning, Programs, and Resource Management
About the position
This position reports to the Group Operations Officer, WSG. The selected candidate will be responsible for building best-practice frameworks to establish a WSG group-level Enterprise Planning, Business Initiative development and governance, and Program Management Office to drive WSG initiatives including the Strategic Portfolio of Initiatives (POI) programs falling within WSG’s purview.
· Establishing best-practice frameworks and associated processes for an Enterprise Planning function reconciling WSG level initiatives with Business Unit (BU) initiatives within the Group Insurance (GI) and Retirement businesses. Partner closely with the EPMO leaders within these businesses to establish a common set of practices and processes, and create the mechanisms to enable streamlined collection and collation of information from the businesses to drive WSG-level Planning and decision making.
· Collate BU Operating Plans with WSG level initiatives to create an integrated Operating Plan for WSG. A key imperative here is the rationalizing of the Strategic Planning processes across the BUs to align methodology and annual planning timelines
· Establish the WSG Program Management Office to develop, implement, and maintain best practice Program and Project Management functions, including the appropriate flexible Governance Models suited to the size, complexity, urgency, and nature (e.g. innovation POCs versus mature platform enhancements) of the specific initiative. Look beyond “one-size fits all” approaches to drive towards higher velocity of initiative throughputs without compromising on costs or quality. This includes the creation and maintenance of Business Cases and CBAs. Partner with BU EPMO leaders to align these practices broadly within the BUs as well.
· Manage the WSG Portfolio of Programs/Projects through efficient monitoring of associated milestones, spend rates, resource utilization, risk assessments and mitigation, and required escalations. Establish a proactive, predictive approach to Portfolio health monitoring as opposed to a “report-out” centric approach, multi-sourcing information from key stakeholders to better understand ground realities.
· Manage a team of Program/Project Managers, either sourced from the BUs or recruited directly by WSG.
· Establish a robust Resource Management capability for WSG, incorporating tools and processes to enable the allocation and tracking of resources working on WSG initiatives who may be sourced directly from WSG, from the BUs, or other organizations within Prudential Financial. Rationalize Resource Management processes that might be in place within various functional units in the BUs into a consistent practice enabling detailed WSG level views into overall resource utilization. Enable a Dynamic Resource Deployment model that proactively tracks upcoming availability of skilled resources to minimize project “wait periods” associated with late stage resource ramp ups. Develop and maintain capabilities to match associate skills to upcoming opportunities on an ongoing basis.
· Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA is a plus
· 10-15 years of relevant and progressive work experience building out Enterprise level Planning, Program Management, and Resource Management functions is required, preferably in the Financial Services industry.
· Business acumen as evidenced by a keen understanding of the various levers driving growth or managing expense, is a must.
· A pragmatic approach towards Processes and Frameworks, ensuring “Just Right” levels of Governance appropriate to a specific initiative, is a “must have” to ensure increased velocity of delivery on the WSG portfolio.
· Experience successfully influencing C-level Executives in large, widely-matrixed, multi-business Organizations through a combination of excellent verbal and written communication skills, savvy navigation of complex business systems, and demonstrable Enterprise level positive outcomes is required
· Demonstrable successful experience in managing the conceptualization, design, development, and operationalizing of new products for existing or new markets, definition and servicing of new markets, and/or very large-scale Enterprise level initiatives is a big plus
· A combination of skills associated with strong conceptual thinking, the ability to translate process needs into scalable frameworks, and comfort with ambiguity are necessary
· A balance of strategic and operational mindsets is required
· Strong Subject Matter Expertise in the areas of toolsets and technology solutions required to support the Planning, Program & Resource Management functions is required
· Strong influencing skills necessary to establish consistent processes and frameworks across multiple BUs, are required
· A mentoring/coaching approach to inform & educate peers and leaders on the nuances of Planning, Program, and Resource Management is required
· A Talent Mindset, fully invested in the ongoing professional development of the associates within this organization, is a must have.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
Product Deployment Manager, Financial WellnessProject Management - Hartford, CT | Scranton, PA | Iselin, NJ | Dubuque, IA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: FIN000PQ
Senior Project ManagerProject Management - Shelton, CT
- Full Time Position
- Job No: PRO000I4
With its reputation for innovation and award-winning products and service, Prudential Annuities is a growing and dynamic organization. This position offers a challenging and high-profile opportunity to lead project teams and collaborate with internal and external business partners to achieve Prudential Annuities and Enterprise goals and objectives.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading key strategic initiatives of various types, including the execution of application development, product development, operational efficiency improvements and other...
Retirement Security Education Program CoordinatorProject Management - Scranton, PA | Hartford, CT
- Full Time Position
- Job No: PRO000I3
Project Management Associate - ESSProject Management - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: FIN000PJ
The Enterprise Services & Systems (ESS) department is part of the Chief Financial Officer’s organization within Enterprise Financial Management. The Planning & Forecasting Application Support team works directly with business and corporate departments to implement technology solutions for their planning and forecasting needs. The Business Analyst position combines the skills of a business analyst and project management staff. They will support various planning and forecasting initiatives to aid the company’s efforts to produce actual and forecast data with...