About the position
Reporting to the Group Operations Officer, the selected candidate will be responsible for leading the definition of Offering roadmap, detailed design, development, deployment, and support model definition for the Workplace Solutions Groups’ (WSG) next generation of Offerings and associated Products targeting expanded or new markets in the Workplace Benefits and Retirement Savings arena. Examples of Offerings include those designed to create additional scale in Workplace Retirement and Benefits solutions through Aggregation strategies beyond traditional single employer constructs, and solutions enabling a focused approach towards maximizing Prudentials value proposition afforded to Retirees, Pre-Retirees and/or Job Changers.
The leader in this role will be responsible for balancing strategic multi-year Offering roadmaps with detailed plans tracking a fast-paced execution paradigm combining in-house Builds, external Partnerships, Proof of Concepts (POCs), and opportunity-driven experimentation. The position requires the ability to effectively evaluate and deploy market leading, innovative offerings created by Prudential or through external strategic partnerships, and to seamlessly move an ever-growing portfolio of capabilities from pilots to launch to ongoing customer-ready programs. The work will include creating the appropriate Operating Models to enable customer-facing and operations teams throughout the enterprise to effectively implement new offerings. This role will also require the abilities to assess the size of the market opportunity and to create and refine revenue and expense models with the aim of using credible insights to drive the P&L elements of the Offering. A “mini-CEO” mindset is required to assume end-to-end responsibility for the Offering.
This leader will work very closely with partners from the WSG Strategy and Marketing teams. This leader will be expected to have strong collaboration skills that will be used to partner and drive alignment with multiple Prudential Business Units, the Customer Office, the Enabling Solutions organization, Technology, and Corporate Centers of Excellence providing Legal, Pricing, Risk Management, Finance, and other key areas of support.
The leader in this position will also actively manage engagement and performance of talent within her/his team. The candidate will contribute to developing a climate that enables success and development of all associates within the WSG organization, as well as contribute to the development of a positive climate across the Prudential organization.
- Oversee day-to-day activities related to Offering capability launch and rollout, driving business results through exceptional leadership and collaboration skills, planning capabilities, efficient and effective governance and control processes, strong market awareness, and the building of and adherence to key business & financial goals and metrics.
- Translate Strategy concepts into a multi-year Offering rollout roadmap
- Partner with Finance to develop, maintain, and consistently refine the economic model associated with the Offering.
- Drive collaboration on synchronized deployment of Offering capabilities and support frameworks across the Prudential ecosystem
- Drive deployment plans required to support the execution of the strategic plan.
- Manage launch and roll out resources and action plans
- Manage and be the point of escalation for all rollout related issues.
- Lead customer-facing and operations discussions as needed
- Participate at events and industry conferences as needed.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholder group through all stages of Offering development to ensure consistency of overall alignment and buy-in into the vision
- Regularly meet with key partners to ensure alignment is maintained and issues that arise during the course of business are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Manage launch and rollout resources and action plans in support of segment and business strategies.
- Excellent Talent management skills to be leveraged towards creating a dynamic, diverse team-oriented climate while ensuring individual development.
- An “Innovation” mindset with a willingness to challenge existing design and service paradigms
- 15 plus years of financial services experience; 5 plus years of experience in the retirement and group benefits industry with institutional and / or individual solutions experience
- Bachelors Degree required; MBA preferred.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to successfully partner across organizational lines.
- Strong understanding of voluntary benefits and retirement products and services
- Strong understanding of service channels (digital, IVR, phone, in person), their utilization in the offerings and alignment needed to optimize customer experience.
- Proven skills and experience in complex product and capability rollout across multiple business stakeholders and client-facing teams.
- Solid understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Solid understanding of the institutional sales process, relationship management, and marketing functions and how they contribute to product development and product adoption dynamics.
- Ability to drive a team to achieve results with a demonstrated ability to develop and manage talent.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with an ability to develop financial business cases to support a strategic agenda.
- Working knowledge of retirement and/or group benefits regulatory and compliance practice.
- Series 6, 26 and 63 licenses preferred.
- Location: Roseland or Newark, NJ or Hartford, CT.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.