Asset Management - Newark, NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Business Intelligence Analyst
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of March 31, 2019, the firm has $776 billion of assets under management including $334 billion in institutional assets, $135 billion in retail assets, and $307 billion in proprietary assets. Over 600 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
Who We Look For:
The Accounting and Performance team within PGIM Fixed Income is a newly formed group, working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Our ideal candidate should have knowledge of various Fixed Income products and understand portfolio accounting and performance concepts. The candidate should also be a self-starter who can take a vision and create solutions using adept problem-solving abilities. The primary responsibilities in this role include helping our team leverage technology to streamline processes, improve functionality, and enhance competency of different tools across the team.
What You Will Do:
• Work with our team to understand opportunities and create solutions
• Analyze current processes and identify areas needed for improvement
• Support day-to-day business issues
• Keep abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that impact the business to continue to improve efficiencies.
Skills You Will Need:
- 1-3 years in a technology, or business analysis role with knowledge of Fixed Income instruments strongly preferred
- Hands on experience and proficiency in data visualization tools, such as Tableau
- Working knowledge of general accounting and performance principles preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships and networks both within and outside the organization
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make independent decisions and develop creative solutions to support business strategies
- Candidate must be able to collaborate with others, communicate clearly and have strong attention to detail
- Ability to write SQL queries and understand relational database models
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a related field
- Pursuit or completion of advanced degree and/or designation (CFA, CIPM) preferred
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.