Asset Management - Newark, NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Analyst, Trade Management
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of March 31, 2019, the firm has $776 billion of assets under management including $334 billion in institutional assets, $135 billion in retail assets, and $307 billion in proprietary assets. Over 600 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
The Analyst in Derivative Operations is responsible for providing operational support and production oversight to the PGIM Fixed Income business for Futures/Options products. This includes providing support for trade confirmation and settlements functions as well as maintaining an open dialogue with Investment Teams, Custodian Banks, FCMs, Prime Brokers, and Broker Dealers.
Job responsibilities may include:
• Daily support and oversight of Futures/Options confirmation, settlement, and reconciliation processes
• Actively research/resolve confirmation discrepancies and fails
• Act as the primary operations point of contact for Futures/Options related matters
• Analyzing data/reporting received from FCMs, custodians, and other third parties
• Maintaining and assisting with onboarding/client request for information
• Gathering and/or analyzing key metrics with regards to activity
• Help solve problems and incorporate new processes to mitigate risks
• Help develop departmental policies, guidelines and procedures
• Anticipating issues that may adversely affect the operational support of all derivative products and taking action to reduce the risk of occurrences
• Proactively seeking ways to improve current processes by leveraging the tools available to identify inefficiencies.
• Cultivating both internal and external relationships to ensure proper service levels are achieved for each fund supported
• Communicating operational support changes and initiatives to all impacted areas of PGIM
• Keeping abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that can impact our business model and/or offer opportunities to improve our processes
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Skills in: Excel, V-lookup, Pivot Tables, Macro building a plus
• Strong knowledge of derivative products and/or other fixed income products and investment strategies
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
• Desire to work on both production and projects
• Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
• Solid understanding of application of business risk & operational controls
• Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
• Able to multi-task and absorb information across a broad spectrum of products
• Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.