Communications/Public Relations - Newark, NJ Manager, Content & Platforms
About the position
You will also be a key contributor to the ongoing evolution of the employee home page, providing strategic insight on the needs of both employees and content authors. To succeed, you will have strong internal communications experience and demonstrated ability in successfully creating communications strategies, messaging and editorial content.
Pitch and produce timely, relevant content for multiple platforms.
- Work with Global Communications strategists and internal business clients to develop content that helps advance understanding of and connection to their business objectives.
- Deliver on shared, integrated outcomes across the Content & Platforms team, Global Communications and various business partners.
- Approach content development through a multimedia storytelling lens.
- Copyedit and ensure content adheres to defined editorial standards.
- Turn complex subject matter into compelling stories and experiences.
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the company style guide.
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar.
- Moderate employee comments on published content.
- Work with graphic designers and video producers to help bring stories to life.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the employee home page as well as broader employee engagement efforts.
Bachelor’s degree in any field of academic rigor; communications, journalism, public relations or a related field preferred.
Minimum 5 years experience in communications, public relations or the media (worked in journalism, corporate communications or public relations in the areas of social and digital media). Portfolio of content samples required.
Crisp and engaging writing and editing skills.
Experience in working with a creative team.
Knowledge of financial products or personal finance desirable.
Outstanding communications skills; a strategic mindset and ability to interface at all levels of the company.
- Thrives in a culture of continuous learning and development.
Consultative and client-centric attitude, with an ability to work closely with and support teams in the company's various businesses.
Ability to influence others and work collaboratively in order to produce results across multiple functional teams.
Ability to operate in a very fast-paced environment with multiple high-level priorities and daily deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to contribute strategic level thinking and influence direction.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.