Communications/Public Relations - Newark, NJ Vice President, Corporate & Financial Communications
About the position
The Vice President, Corporate & Financial Communications is a newly elevated role within the Global Communications group, responsible for translating the company’s business and financial objectives into authentic, inspiring and impactful communications for key internal and external stakeholders. As Prudential evolves its market positioning from life insurer to Fortune 50 global diversified financial services firm, this executive will play a key role in influencing how the company defines, quantifies and communicates its valuation story. In short, the Vice President will promote, protect and evolve Prudential’s corporate reputation through the lens of the enterprise’s financial story.
The Vice President will develop and implement proactive communications strategies and campaigns – internally and externally – to strategically position Prudential with the financial community, shareholders, ratings agencies, regulators, employees, and the media. S/he will combine creative storytelling and humanity with the company’s highly technical financial and business narrative, bringing to life all aspects of Prudential’s valuation story with coordinated amplification.
Critical to the role will be to serve as a key advisor to Prudential’s top leaders, helping them to bring a new business narrative and valuation story to life, and demonstrating how strategic communications can further the company’s market position and enterprise objectives. This executive will will work closely with the CFO, CRO, Investor Relations, SEC Reporting, Law and relevant business teams to develop and influence the company’s enterprise-wide financial narrative. This will include, but is not limited to, message development, content and channel strategy, writing and counsel on materials, issues management and select media relations activities.
The Vice President, Corporate & Financial Communications will help to ensure that Prudential’s messaging to all stakeholder groups is coordinated, aligned, and proactively advancing the company’s business goals, vision and values. This will entail a process that fuses industry knowledge, competitive intel, deep financial insights, and creative thinking with ever-changing business line economics and product and service capabilities in the highly competitive markets in which Prudential competes.
- In partnership and coordination with senior-most business leaders ,evolve, redefine, and quantify Prudential’s valuation story. This will entail fusing the company’s quantitative and qualitative assets to create an authentic, inspiring and impactful enterprise-wide messaging platform that engages and excites stakeholders.
- Serve as the communications strategist for all financial communications–this includes all matters related to material disclosures, financial media relations, M&A, regulatory activities, and crisis/issues management.
- Develop a deep understanding of Prudential’s financial strategy, financial regulation, and the US and international dialogue around capital standards in order to educate and inform key internal and external stakeholders about Prudential’s financial story.
- Provide advice, counsel, and hands-on support to executives regarding how to evolve,adopt and customize a new valuation-oriented narrative for their respective businesses and stakeholder groups.
- Build,broaden and deepen the executive visibility platforms for Chief Financial Officer and Chief Risk Officer to ensure they are telling an integrated, company-wide story externally.
- Work along side partners within Finance, Treasury, Investor Relations, Legal, Risk, Audit, Investment, Sustainability and others to support key corporate initiatives and provide communications counsel for each of these groups.
- Serve a key member of the enterprise risk management (ERM) team, developing and refining crisis management protocols, processes and materials. Participate in a range of global risk simulation trainings (e.g., cyber, physical security) and aide in the response to broader enterprise issues, in collaboration with colleagues in Global Communications.
- Continue to provide “outside-in” thinking, keeping abreast of competitive intelligence and marketplace dynamics.
- Live Prudential’s values as a senior leader within Global Marketing & Communications.
- Assist the Head of Corporate Communications in developing and mentoring talent, in managing external agencies and other third party resources, and in promoting the Global Communications function across the enterprise.
- Deliver competitive advantage to Prudential by increasing the clarity, consistency, distinctiveness and impact of the company’s business and financial narrative.
- Serve as a valued advisor and counselor to Prudential’s top leaders, helping them to bring the company valuation story to life through their own distinct communications platforms.
- Participate as a senior member of Prudential’s global communications team, highly integrated withother team members and able to support colleagues on communications challenges, whether or not the issue is directly related to this executive’s unique areas of responsibility.
Bachelor’s degree in an area of academic rigor is required; advanced degree preferred. CFA, CPA and related technical credentials are highly desirable.
Minimum 10 years of experience providing leadership to a corporate, financial, policy and/or investor communications function in an complex organization with broad visibility, ideally within a regulated industry.
Record of successful strategic thinking, and proven ability to add tangible support and value to a company’s business plan.
Ability to lead people through influence vs. direct authority. Specifically, an ability to manage conflicting agendas and to drive consensus, collective action, and results.
Track record of building and growing communications function and capability within an organization.
Proven ability to provide credible, actionable advice and counsel to senior leaders.
A “senior-doer” who knows when to lead, when to manage, and when to roll-up his/her sleeves when complex, technical SME is required.
A record of building relationships of trust and confidence with the top-tier financial media.
Prior experience serving as a top spokesperson and the proven ability to lead reputation, issues and crisis management.
Strong knowledge of content and channel strategy across traditional, social and emerging platforms.
Demonstrated ability to communicate complex subject matter in a clear and compelling manner.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
Communications SpecialistCommunications/Public Relations - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: GLO000L0
Vice President, Executive CommunicationsCommunications/Public Relations - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: BUS000EO
You are a dynamic, creative and resourceful communication professional who takes initiative, thrives in a fast- paced environment and is excited about being part of a high-performing team responsible for delivering an exceptional customer experience. You are comfortable operating in an agile environment, but also possess solid experience successfully navigating the complexities of a large organization. You are a strong team player with keen attention to detail and the ability to operate at both a strategic and tactical level.Within the Individual Solutions Group,...
Director, Communications/Public Relations (technology & consumer)Communications/Public Relations - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: GLO000KV
Are you someone with a passion for uncovering and telling stories about technology and finance, and how they are transforming life and the way we live it? Do you have the imagination and talent for surfacing compelling news hooks, and the grit to convert ideas into reality?
We are looking for an intellectually driven, risk-taking communications pro to spot opportunities in the news cycle and translate them into media coverage, delivering competitive advantage to Prudential. This newly created Director position will lead the development and implementation of integrated...
Senior Internal Communications AssociateCommunications/Public Relations - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: ENA0000I
Who We Seek:
You are a dynamic, creative and resourceful professional who takes initiative, thrives in a fast- paced environment and is excited about being part of a team on a journey of accelerating transformation across Prudential.
You are comfortable operating in an agile environment, and are eager to build your capabilities and experience to successfully navigate the complexities of a large organization. You are a strong team player with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to operate at both a strategic and tactical level.
About the Role: