About the position
The Global Communications team directs internal employee and external communications efforts to ensure the company's messages are aligned and delivered in accordance with Prudential’s goals and policies. Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate, Financial and Policy Communications, the Associate will be responsible for assisting with developing and executing strategic corporate communications programs on behalf of the enterprise. The individual will also provide support for broad based cross-enterprise initiatives managed by the Corporate Communications team, as needed.
- Serve as day-to-day contact for corporate communications support across corporate, financial and policy related communications issues (traditional & social media relations, draft materials, research and benchmarking, crisis/issues monitoring and management).
- Help to craft and amplify Prudential’s corporate narrative through multichannel communications programs that drive engagement of the company’s internal and external key stakeholders.
- Work alongside team to provide support of key communication initiatives and counsel to corporate partners (Law, Compliance, Business Ethics, Investor Relations, CSR and External Affairs organizations) as needed.
- Assist in creating and managing team-wide communications infrastructure, process and measurement standards.
- Work collaboratively across Global Communications and related brand, marketing and digital functions and play a critical role in supporting department colleagues across Prudential’s global business groups.
- Support Vice President and team with managing external agencies and other staff resources.
- BA degree from an accredited college/university in Communications, Public Policy, Journalism, or related fields; Masters Degree or MBA a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Corporate, Financial or Policy communications in a PR agency or corporate environment, or some combination thereof; experience working in a PR Communications agency is preferred.
- Understanding of media relations (traditional and social).
- Strong business writing, research and analytical abilities essential.
- Foundational understanding of financial services.
- Team oriented, client centric mind-set with desire to learn and help drive outcomes.
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize multiple and sometimes competing assignments in fast-paced environment.
- Intellectually curious with a strong executive presence and grace under pressure.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.