About the position
This candidate will be a hands-on Lead .NET Developer, responsible for planning, managing, and coordinating the efforts of development team for Claims and Underwriting Systems. This Technical Lead plays a crucial role in creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between business needs and technology delivery. This person will play a critical role in understanding Disability and Absence Claim practices and help them convert into a technical solution.
This individual will be responsible for design, develop and launch efficient systems and solutions in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues, opportunities or problems, to maximize the benefit of IT and Business investments. The successful incumbent is highly experienced and has decision-making authority.
- Collaborate with business and fellow technologists to design, develop and deliver frictionless multi-channel experiences
- Drive low-level architecture and contributes to high-level architecture. Champion modular design, reuse, separation of concern, high cohesion and loose coupling
- Employ industry best practices to deliver world-class solutions. Ensure developed solutions remain compliant with all applicable Prudential standards
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and how they can be applied to Prudential
- Enable change, help accelerate innovation and ensure customer delight
- Research problems discovered by QA or product support and develop solutions to the problems
- Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality
- Ensure that software standards and quality targets are met
- 8+ years of proven technology management experience with focused responsibility for application development
- Must have strong knowledge of .NET technologies (VB.NET, C#) for Windows and Web Applications, Strong Database experience like DB2, MS SQL Server
- Should have good understanding of Unix Scripting, Perl Scripting, AutoSys and Splunk
- Experience of Cloud implementation in AWS or Azure is plus.
- Object Oriented programing experience in .NET platform
- Demonstrate a strong ability to plan, manage and lead multiple, large scale IT projects from inception to successful implementation in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to work with multiple levels of management across Technology and the supported Business Units
- Ability to manage teams spread across different locations
- Experience using Agile/Scrum preferred
- Excellent team building and talent management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication/presentation skills; able to tailor communication style to effectively meet the needs of the audience
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and changing environment
- Knowledge of Insurance Underwriting and / or Insurance Claims will be a plus but not required
- Knowledge of Group or Individual insurance products is a plus but not required.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.