Human Resources - Newark (NJ), NJ | Roseland, NJ | Hartford, CTDirector, HR Business Partner
About the position
We are looking for a Director, Human Resources, to join our team, supporting Prudential’s Technology organization. If you are an experienced HR Business Partner and forward thinker with great judgment, this could be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a dynamic and resourceful professional who takes initiative, thrives in a fast-paced environment and is excited about being part of a team responsible for transforming the customer experience. You should be comfortable operating in an agile environment and possess solid experience successfully navigating the complexities of a large organization.
- Direct and enable business leaders as they work through HR processes and activities such as talent planning and reviews, performance management, employee engagement, compensation, succession planning, and organization planning.
- Serve as a coach and liaison between employees and management on general HR consulting issues.
- Use standard HR data analytics such as headcount and diversity metrics, retention analysis, work force planning, compensation forecasting and budgeting, and benchmarking to develop relevant and effective talent strategies and solutions.
- Advise business leaders on organizational design and development, including restructurings.
- Support leaders of people as they execute our talent and engagement strategies.
- Develop and implement strategies for building and retaining a diverse workforce.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key partners across the Prudential HR organization to ensure we are leveraging Prudential’s HR capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Solid experience in all major HR disciplines.
- Strong customer focus, relationship-building skills, and the ability to deliver commitments on a timely basis.
- Experience with large global transformations and technology a plus.
- Demonstrated business acumen, with proven success in connecting talent strategy with business objectives.
- Strong track record in helping leaders build and retain diverse, inclusive teams.
- Ability to effectively influence leaders in making talent and business decisions that drive the right outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem- solving skills, with the ability to resolve problems, make decisions independently and the ability to clarify key issues in complex situations.
- Strong technical skills including proficiency with MS Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), familiarity with HR Systems such as PeopleSoft is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage his/her time effectively.
- Ability to work both independently and within the team
- Demonstrated attention to detail, follow-through, drive for results and initiative with the ability to bring issues to closure.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.