About the position
Prudential Financial, Global Business and Technology Solutions, is pursuing a qualified Splunk architect/administrator to manage corporate data analytics platform. Candidate will be responsible for designing and administering Splunk for a global enterprise! In this role, you will be developing strategy, crafting architecture for an enterprise Splunk installation, proof-of-concept work, advancing Splunk footprint across enterprise, and cross-collaboration with IT Security teams. In addition, you will work with domain architects, other engineering and operations team members and project team members to fulfill business IT requirements by delivering effective solutions that are supportable, maintainable and cost effective focusing primarily on enterprise logging technologies.
- Architect, design, support, and maintain Splunk infrastructure for a highly available and disaster recovery configurations.
- Administering Splunk and Splunk App for Enterprise Security (ES) log management.
- Standardize Splunk agent deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of Windows, Linux and UNIX log platforms.
- Troubleshoot Splunk server and agent problems and issues
- Assist internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboards.
- Mentor users and other groups on their use of Splunk
- Monitor the agent and server infrastructure for capacity planning and optimization
- Design core systems performance and troubleshooting logs
- Support Splunk on Linux and Windows-based platforms
- Perform data mining and analysis, utilizing various queries and reporting methods
- Solve complex Integration challenges and debug complex configuration issues
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs
- Strong understanding of Splunk configuration files and architecture
- Knowledge of advanced search and reporting commands
- Demonstrated ability to create complex dashboards, forms, and visualizations
- Understanding of System Log Files and other structured and non-structured data
- Intermediate level understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or minimum of 7 years of relevant recent experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience using Splunk for data analytics.
- Splunk Enterprise Security experience
- Splunk ITSI Experience
- Administration experience with Splunk Multi-site Indexer cluster and Search Head Cluster environment
- Experience with architecting the solutions to expand Splunk environment based on the forecasting growth of data ingestion and user base
- Experience with Splunk on-boarding variety of inputs (file based - JSON/XML/TCP/UDP and script based
- Maintaining User authentication / Authorizations across several business units that utilize Splunk
- Experience with monitoring Splunk environment and performing health checks
- Splunk Certified Power User, Splunk Certified Admin, Certified Splunk Architect is a plus
- Experience in integrating Splunk with ServiceNow and other industry standard platforms
- Thorough understanding of distributed Splunk deployment, management and chargeback best practices
- Experience in performance tuning, troubleshooting, managing high availability for Splunk environments where they are deemed mission critical
- Understanding of Network Firewalls, Load-balancers, and complex network designs
- Must have strong Linux skills to be able to troubleshoot and support the application
- Experience with configuring and architecting the solution for syslog-NG and rsyslog
- Experience with the scripting languages with BASH/Python
- Must be a self-starter and be able to manage their time against deliverables
- ITIL v3 Foundation and/or advanced ITIL certifications is a plus
- Thorough understanding of market trends
- Industry certifications a plus:
- Ability to interact with and influence a wide range of employees, including technical support teams, application developers, and system owners across the enterprise.
- Ability to review functional requirements and determine the type of integration work that is required based on the business needs
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment using leading-edge technology and integrating with diverse application systems.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.