Prudential is looking for Mobile Staff Engineer who has a passion for mobile development. You’ll be a critical member of a small engineering team working on our new native Android apps. You must be able to develop sophisticated, innovative, and user-friendly mobile applications on the Android platform. This isn’t an average position where you might be restricted to one small piece of the technology, but one where you’ll have influence over the whole mobile program, from design to production. As a developer, you care about quality of code, understand how to work...
Technology - Roseland, NJ Splunk Architect
About the position
- Architect, design, support, and maintain Splunk infrastructure for a highly available and disaster recovery configurations.
- Administering Splunk and Splunk App for Enterprise Security (ES) log management.
- Standardize Splunk agent deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of Windows, Linux and UNIX log platforms.
- Troubleshoot Splunk server and agent problems and issues
- Assist internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboards.
- Mentor users and other groups on their use of Splunk
- Monitor the agent and server infrastructure for capacity planning and optimization
- Design core systems performance and troubleshooting logs
- Support Splunk on Linux and Windows-based platforms
- Perform data mining and analysis, utilizing various queries and reporting methods
- Solve complex Integration challenges and debug complex configuration issues
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs
- Strong understanding of Splunk configuration files and architecture
- Knowledge of advanced search and reporting commands
- Demonstrated ability to create complex dashboards, forms, and visualizations
- Understanding of System Log Files and other structured and non-structured data
- Intermediate level understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or minimum of 7 years of relevant recent experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience using Splunk for data analytics.
- Splunk Enterprise Security experience
- Splunk ITSI Experience
- Administration experience with Splunk Multi-site Indexer cluster and Search Head Cluster environment
- Experience with architecting the solutions to expand Splunk environment based on the forecasting growth of data ingestion and user base
- Experience with Splunk on-boarding variety of inputs (file based - JSON/XML/TCP/UDP and script based
- Maintaining User authentication / Authorizations across several business units that utilize Splunk
- Experience with monitoring Splunk environment and performing health checks
- Splunk Certified Power User, Splunk Certified Admin, Certified Splunk Architect is a plus
- Experience in integrating Splunk with ServiceNow and other industry standard platforms
- Thorough understanding of distributed Splunk deployment, management and chargeback best practices
- Experience in performance tuning, troubleshooting, managing high availability for Splunk environments where they are deemed mission critical
- Understanding of Network Firewalls, Load-balancers, and complex network designs
- Must have strong Linux skills to be able to troubleshoot and support the application
- Experience with configuring and architecting the solution for syslog-NG and rsyslog
- Experience with the scripting languages with BASH/Python
- Must be a self-starter and be able to manage their time against deliverables
- ITIL v3 Foundation and/or advanced ITIL certifications is a plus
- Thorough understanding of market trends
- Industry certifications a plus:
- Ability to interact with and influence a wide range of employees, including technical support teams, application developers, and system owners across the enterprise.
- Ability to review functional requirements and determine the type of integration work that is required based on the business needs
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment using leading-edge technology and integrating with diverse application systems.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
Staff Mobile Engineer, AndroidTechnology - Newark, NJ | Sunnyvale, CA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: CO 0001F
Software EngineerTechnology - Roseland, NJ | Newark, NJ | Plymouth, MN
- Full Time Position
- Job No: MES00007
Senior Java DeveloperTechnology - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: PRU000U0
Prudential’s Enterprise Services and Systems (ESS) team is actively seeking a technology and problem-solving enthusiast to be a hands-on contributor to advance our architectural strategies and innovation efforts. We strive to leverage best-of-breed technologies to engineer robust solutions that result in substantial positive impact to Prudential’s ability to serve customers. If you are excited to engage with thought leaders and technology architects across the enterprise to deliver solutions that help us do business better, we want to hear from you! We pride...
Business Intelligence AssociateTechnology - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: MAN0000U
We are seeking an entry level Information Management Technical Specialist to join the Management Information Systems team within Prudential Advisors. The Management Information Systems team is responsible for establishing and executing the delivery of information, reporting platforms and solutions to Prudential Advisor’s stakeholders, including the Home Office, Territory and Field Management Leadership teams.
You will be a key member of the Prudential Advisors Management Information Systems team and will work directly with Business Analysts, System professionals,...