About the position
The selected candidate must have experience in distributed backup and recovery with extensive experience in enterprise backup architecture. Tape backup migration to disk and cloud tier skills are required including enterprise support for tape libraries and replicated disk backups.
Automated service delivery for backups, restores, backup reporting, and data management is an integral responsibility of this position. Responsibilities also include data protection through backup administration, code maintenance, monitoring, alerting, and capacity planning. High tier break-fix support is required for tape, disk and storage networking. The selected candidate should also have experience with business continuation and disaster recovery.
Significant working experience is required in the technical areas listed below. The candidate must be highly motivated and be able to manage a technical project. Excellent technical writing, and presentation and communication skills are also required.
Experience in the following areas is required:
- Veritas NetBackup
- EMC Avamar
- EMC Data Domain and NetBackup Appliance
- Backup to disk and cloud tiered storage
- Cloud based snapshot backups
- Monitoring tools such as Operations Center, Aptare and Data Protection Advisor
- Fiber tape solutions
- Capacity planning
- ServiceNow integration
- PowerShell and/or Shell scripting
- Business continuation and disaster recovery
Experience in any of the following would be plus:
- Storage based snapshots
- Storage based replication
- UNIX (AIX, Solaris, Linux) Operating Systems
- Windows Operating Systems
- Netapp OnCommand
Additional job requirements include:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Strong desktop productivity skills – MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Project
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Provide 7x24 support when required
- Provide internal hotline support for business groups and operations
- Provide off-hour problem and change implementation support
- Produce technical documentation including operations run books and operational guidelines
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent OR equivalent relevant experience
- Certification in the following would be a plus:
- Backup and recovery
- Coding and scripting
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.