Prudential Financial is seeking an enthusiastic Data Analytics leader, to help drive its centralized advanced data analytics capability to the next level. We are looking for someone who understands data modeling techniques and has tremendous expertise in simplifying the complex. This role will require a unique combination of skills: strong business acumen with a history of using data to solve business problems, deep analytical skills, ability to drive and own business relationships, a strategic and technical mindset as well as the ability to lead and grow analytical...
Accounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Newark, NJ Staff Accountant
About the position
Prudential Financial, Inc. (PFI) is a multi-national financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. For more information, please visit www.prudential.com.
As part of the Corporate Controllers Department and the CFO Organization of PFI, the Finance Shared Services organization is responsible for the controllership activities in support of the U.S. business units including the International activities performed domestically. The Financial Reporting team supports GAAP and Statutory reporting across multiple legal entities, including subsidiary financial statements, disclosures, analysis, various regulatory filing submissions, and internal and external audit support. The team partners with Business Unit Finance areas, Actuarial and other corporate areas.
The Financial Reporting Associate position will support the Financial Reporting team with responsibility for various subsidiary financial statements, disclosures and regulatory filings. This position will provide the candidate exposure to the company’s insurance businesses, specifically Life and Annuities products as well as GAAP SEC financial reporting requirements. This position is located in Newark.
The responsibilities of this position will include:
- Preparation of various subsidiary financial statements and disclosures, legal entity financial statement analysis, while ensuring the control, timeliness and accuracy of the financial statements
- Preparation and analysis of reporting data in support of disclosures for inclusion in PFI 10-K/Q and subsidiary financial statements
- Partner with Business Unit Finance areas, Corporate GAAP and STAT areas and other various internal business partners on accounting and reporting matters
- Preparation of various surveys and regulatory filing submissions for various federal agencies/departments
- Support quarterly/annual audits by Internal Auditors, as well as, Independent External Auditors
- Support the implementation of new or updated accounting guidance and regulatory requirements
- Continuously identify efficiencies and process improvements to drive effectiveness and consistency
- Maintain internal control standards to ensure compliance with Enterprise Accounting Policies and Procedures
- Support special projects, initiatives and ad-hoc report and analysis requests
- Responsible for maintenance of standard operating procedures
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0 - 2 years of financial reporting and analysis experience
- Knowledge of GAAP and Statutory accounting principles a plus
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities under challenging time frames
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong collaborative and partnering skills
- Self-motivated, team player that is detail oriented
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Insurance experience a plus
- Experience with Oracle, Essbase, Workiva systems a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work overtime during peak periods
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
VP, Data ScienceAccounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: DAT0003P
Manager of Financial Reporting, Retirement FinanceAccounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Hartford, CT
- Full Time Position
- Job No: RET000EP
Prudential Retirement delivers retirement plan solutions for public, private, and non-profit organizations. Services include state-of-the-art record keeping, administrative services, investment management, comprehensive employee investment education and communications, and trustee services. With over 85 years of retirement experience, Prudential Retirement helps meet the needs of over 3 million participants and annuitants. For more information, please visit http://www.prudential.com/retire/.
Prudential Retirement is a market leader in providing retirement plan...
Tax Analyst - Product TaxAccounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: TAX0005R
Associate Manager, Financial Reporting & AccountingAccounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Hartford, CT
- Full Time Position
- Job No: RET000EO