About the position
Prudential Financial, Inc. (PFI) is a multi-national financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. For more information, please visit www.prudential.com.
As part of the Corporate Controllers Department and the CFO Organization of PFI, the Shared Services Expense Accounting & Reporting team is responsible for the controllership activities in support of the U.S. business units and corporate centers/ functions, including international activities performed domestically. The Expense Accounting & Reporting Team will collaborate with the U.S Business finance teams, corporate finance areas, and other corporate groups.
The Financial Reporting Specialist will provide expense accounting and reporting support primarily for the corporate centers and centralized functions as well as the U.S. businesses as part of the Finance Shared Service team. This position will be located in Newark NJ.
As a member of the Expense Accounting & Reporting team responsibilities of this position will include:
- Continuous collaboration across the Shared Services teams, Corporate Management Reporting, Corporate Centers and Centralized Functions, and Business Unit Finance areas
- Execute timely and accurate completion of general ledger close responsibilities including recording journal entry transactions supporting the activities of the corporate centers and centralized functions, in/expatriate activities, and processing corporate center/function chargebacks to the business units
- Execute quarterly account reconciliations related to journal activities
- Support in the development and release of monthly/quarterly reporting packages to the company Controller, VPs of Finance, and other business partners
- Investigation of key business drivers leading to insightful analytics of expense variances
- Support strategic initiatives focused on continuous improvement of all aspects supporting the Expense team’s deliverables
- Support knowledge transfer and implementation from potential future transitions of work into the Shared Services Expense group
- Identify efficiencies and improve effectiveness by determining best practices
- Train and assist lower level staff within the group, as needed
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years expense and financial reporting experience
- Knowledge of GAAP and STAT accounting principles preferred
- Ability to understand financial data and convert it into insightful analytics
- Strong technical skills including Excel (knowledge of Access a plus)
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work overtime during peak periods
- Experience with Prudential Financial Systems preferred but not required (Smartview, OBI, Charms and WebADI).
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.