Human Resources - Newark (NJ), NJ Director, Future of Work Org. Design
About the position
In order to solve the financial challenges of our changing world, we must anticipate what will happen in an environment in which customers are expecting more and competitors are moving faster. With that, one of our key areas of focus is Future of Work, which is a large-scale initiative to understand and address the impact of rapid changes in customer behaviors and needs, technology and competition. As an integral part of Future of Work, Talent Capability team; Director, Future of Work Org Design, is a newly created role and will be a key component to this strategy.
This role will be responsible for translating and integrating the business strategy into organization design and new ways of working. The ultimate success for this role will be to create a process that allows Prudential to deeply understand the organization’s roles, related skills, accountabilities and collaboration mechanisms that enables Prudential achieve its strategic objectives. You will report to the Vice President, Future Org & Job Design.
Location: Newark, NJ
What you will be doing:
• Provide thought partnership to business leaders and HR teams to pressure test their business strategy and assess their readiness to drive future of work (FoW) initiatives in their business units or functions
• Provide expertise and support in driving FoW discussions and workshops with the business leaders
• Identify appropriate organizational model with respect to the business strategy. Assess the change required and identify gaps in context of new ways of working, roles, talent capabilities, processes, systems and technologies
• Provide thought partnership to help the businesses and functions on job design, workflows and collaboration mechanisms between their teams
• Support the businesses in their workforce planning process with respect to future roles and skills. Shift focus from workforce planning to strategic workforce planning/ work task planning. Help identify supply and demand gaps and levers to address them.
• Partner with various Business COEs to leverage and integrate capabilities
• Act as Subject Matter Expert on FoW, help enable business leaders and broader HR teams (e.g. Talent and Capabilities partners, HR Business Partners) to help ensure seamless execution of future of work initiatives in the business
• Create playbooks and materials to provide standard frameworks and approaches. Help disseminate best practices from different initiatives across the organization.
• Understand the nuances of business strategy and how that translates into operating model/ organization structure
• Strong facilitation skills. Ability to hold conversation with senior leaders and help enhance their thinking around business strategy in context of future of work
• Display courage and thought leadership while influencing business leaders on future of work
• Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, has a learning mindset and is self-motivated
• Sound understanding of organizational design elements – such as job analysis, agile organizational design, job design and strategic workforce planning
• Strong in data analytics and comfortable with numbers
• Outcome driven
• Comfortable working in fast paced and fluid environment
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.