About the position
Enterprise Services and Systems (ESS) is actively seeking an Applications Developer to be part of a team responsible for the full software development lifecycle of various initiatives, including analysis, design, development, testing and support for the Reporting and Financial Data Warehouse application suite.
You will work closely with business partners to deliver solutions to meet business needs, as well as collaborative with the broader technology organization to ensure solutions meet high technical quality standards and follow software development best practices.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and bright individual that strives in a dynamic environment, contributes fresh ideas, and welcomes learning opportunities. You will have unique opportunities to interface with and learn Prudential’s businesses, corporate functions and various
technology organizations, while creating innovative solutions that span a multitude of technologies and provide substantial value.
This position is in our Newark, NJ office, which is Prudential’s headquarters.
- You will conduct analysis of user requirements, ensuring that the approach is in line with best
development standards and technologies.
- You will recommend system solutions by identifying key advantages and disadvantages.
- You will participate in the full software development cycle by coordinating requirements,
contributing to team meetings.
- You will continuously update your skills and knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- You will enhance our organization’s reputation by taking ownership of and accomplishing new and different requests while exploring opportunities to add value.
- 3+ years of experience of Oracle technology, including the development and maintenance for Financial Reporting.
- Proven knowledge of Java/J2EE development.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline required
- Solid understanding of SQL, database object modeling and performance tuning (Oracle preferred).
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Object-Oriented design concepts and design patterns.
- Understanding of agile development methodologies and test-driven development practices.
- Experience with Business Intelligence platforms and OLAP tools is a plus.
- Familiarity with service oriented architectures, data warehousing and grid computing is desirable.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Driven, self-motivated, flexible, able to multitask and work under pressure.
- Must be willing to accept and learn new technologies as needed
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.