Administrative and Support Services - Hartford, CT Executive Assistant
About the position
The Executive Assistant will support Vice Presidents within the Financial Wellness team, which is part of Prudential's Workplace Solutions Group. Prudential's Workplace Solutions Group (WSG) comprises Prudential's Group Insurance and Retirement businesses, as well as several centralized functions (approximately 4,000 employees total).
Financial Wellness is seeking a skilled, energetic, and highly motivated individual for an Executive Assistant position to provide support to two Vice Presidents, and to provide back-up support to the other Financial Wellness Executive Assistants. The successful candidate must be able to look at things with a broad perspective, as they will need to anticipate the Vice Presidents' needs before being asked. The successful incumbent must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, take initiative, deliver quality and accuracy, and have excellent follow-up skills.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling meetings and maintaining the Vice Presidents' calendars
- Coordinating travel arrangements and preparing itineraries
- Gathering materials for meetings
- Utilizing Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint to create needed documents and presentations
- Screening e-mail messages and making appropriate judgment calls on when and how to respond
- Screening telephone calls and handling appropriately
- Managing department expenses and paymaster functions
- Preparing travel and general expense vouchers for the Vice Presidents
- Coordinating key events; assisting with planning
- Providing back-up support to other Financial Wellness Executive Assistants, when required
- 5 years administrative experience, preferably at an executive level
- Superior proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong follow-up and multi-tasking skills, and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to take initiative and anticipate the needs of the Vice Presidents
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Detail-oriented and very organized
- Ability to work independently, but also partner as a team player
- Exceptional integrity and the ability to maintain highly confidential information
- Strong relationship skills and a professional presence
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.