- Assist with sourcing process including acquisition of IT solutions
- May also assist in the development of Request for Information (RFIs)...
Information Technology - Newark, NJ Oracle Functional Support Analyst
About the position
The Oracle Functional Support Analyst role is responsible for supporting growth and maintenance activities necessary within Prudential’s Source-to-Pay (S2P) Application Support Team. This resource is expected to participate in full lifecycle initiatives and help manage/maintain the existing application base in accordance with controlled systems development lifecycle (SDLC) and global design standards.
- Participate in the design, build and implementation of business system solutions, utilizing the Oracle eBusiness Suite, to solve complex business requirements; help bridge the gap between ‘business problems’ and ‘technology solutions’
- Identify, document and/or execute aspects of the following independently for straight forward initiatives: As-Is Processes, Business Requirements, To-Be Solutions, Functional Specifications, Configuration, Test Plans and Test Scripts; assist with these deliverables for complex initiatives
- Investigate system configuration options to provide functional expertise when developing solutions to meet business requirements; develop strategies to use standard functionality to meet business needs whenever possible
- Collaborate with technical development teams and coordinate work efforts when addressing new implementations, functionality enhancements, application updates and performance issues
- Assist with issue resolution and work directly with users on Tier II and III Help Desk issues; initiate and manage Service Requests (SRs) with Oracle Support
- Independently execute assigned tasks associated with projects, maintenance and BAU activities
- Use experience and systems implementation knowledge to help expand Prudential’s use of S2P Applications; focus on continuous improvement within the S2P space
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or Information Technology
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Finance, Accounting or Technology/Systems; Big 4 Consulting experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of Oracle Procurement, iProcurement and iSupplier Applications
- Solid knowledge of Procurement Applications data model and table space; basic SQL skills
- Experience with OSN and Supplier On-Boarding a plus
- Experience with Oracle AP and/or iExpense a plus
- Minimum of 2 full lifecycle Oracle Purchasing implementations; at least 1 with R12
- Knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition for Reporting
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, high level of determination and positive demeanor; ability to drive change in a fast paced, changing environment
- Solid communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written; the ability to work in a collaborative manner
- Demonstrated ability to articulate application concepts in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to travel if required for international initiatives
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
IT Contract SpecialistInformation Technology - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: GBT000CP
Oracle Database EngineerInformation Technology - Sunnyvale, CA | Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: ADV000AM
- Build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale and in real-time.
- Collaborate with other teams to design and develop and deploy data tools that support both operations and product use cases.
- Own product features from the development phase through to production deployment.
- Troubleshoot data issues, deep dive into root cause analysis, recommend, test and implement solutions
- Develop and document technical requirements and solutions
- Participate in...
Sr. IT Governance Project ManagerInformation Technology - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: GBT000CN
Prudential is seeking an experienced and motivated professional to join the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). The OCIO provides strategic and operational support to the Global Chief Information Officer (CIO) and the broader Prudential IT Community in meeting its business needs. This role combines project management skills, a strong understanding of IT and a variety of technologies, and the ability to quickly learn core business functions and processes to manage multiple projects. The incumbent will drive and support the technology community’s business...
Engineer, Problem ManagementInformation Technology - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: CO-00015
The Engineer position on the Problem Management team in the Customer Office is part of the Technology Production Operations team. The incumbent will be responsible to coordinate the investigation to determine root cause of Incidents, identify workarounds, and follow up for permanent resolution. Near real time metric reporting is required as well as producing reports for the management team.
A close working relationship with Product Management, Development Leads, Architects, and QA Leads is essential. The goal is to identify trends to proactively prevent Incidents from...