About the position
Prudential El Paso is seeking talented Customer Relationship Specialists to join our growing team. A positive attitude, desire to learn and a passion for helping people go a long way in starting a successful career at Prudential. As a Customer Relationship Specialist, you are part of a team of experts responsible for providing an exceptional experience to Prudential’s customers and business partners. While assisting our clients with their unique financial needs, you will receive a comprehensive introduction to the financial services industry through an extensive training program that allows associates to develop technical expertise, process knowledge and a solid foundation of Prudential’s products and services.
This position is a great step into a corporate career with a Fortune 100 company. By joining our solutions center you will be given the opportunity to showcase your customer service skills by handling all correspondence and inquiries from clients across the United States. You will play an important role in assisting families succeed financially and become an advocate in improving the financial wellness of the consumers we serve. Prudential has a strong "promote from within" culture. Your achievements as a Customer Relationship Specialist as well as the professional skills you attain will prepare you to explore opportunities in all areas of the organization. A strong work ethic, the ability to adapt, and a commitment to the team and clients be rewarded and recognized.
Prudential offers a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive salary with opportunity for an annual bonus based on performance
- Outstanding advancement potential, beginning with tiered promotional opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive health care plan, available on start date
- The opportunity to participate in company sponsored retirement savings plan(401k) and a company funded pension plan
- Generous paid time off - vacation, holidays and personal days
Prudential offers an extensive training program, which includes:
- 14 week paid training on Prudential's life insurance products, systems and procedures
- Continuing education credentials paid by Prudential
- Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions, opportunities to participate in mentorship programs and paid personal development time each year.
Training will typically fall between the hours of 7am-4pm Mountain Time, Monday thru Friday. Prudential's Solution Center is open from 6am to 3pm Mountain Time, Monday thru Friday. To be considered, candidates must have the flexibility to be able to work either one of these two shifts: (5:50am–1:50pm or 7am-3:00pm Mountain Time). Actual shift assignments will not be determined prior to hire.
Note: Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Prudential, including their current position if they are an internal applicant.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Outstanding active listening skills and the ability to engage customers to determine their unique financial needs and preferences
- Proficient PC skills with ability to multi-task between computer applications
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding in challenging situations
- A strong desire to help and serve others
- Proven record of dependability, punctuality and reliable attendance is critical to the success of a fast moving, inbound service center
- Ability to learn and retain a significant amount of technical information in a relatively short period of time
- Ability to excel in a team environment, as well as work well independently
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
We also prefer, but do not require:
- Knowledge of life insurance products, or other experience in the Financial Industry
- Contact Center Experience desired
- College degree or equivalent business/military experience preferred
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.