Prudential is seeking a Project Manager (Manager, Digital Project Management) with a proven track record of leading large, complex initiatives with heavy technology requirements and strong business connectivity. You must be resilient and flexible to meet the high demands of a start-up culture within the complexities of a large, established company. With deep project management expertise and an ownership mentality, you must be able to seamlessly connect broad-scale holistic project management disciplines with agile development methodologies. You are a strong team...
Project/Program Management - El Paso, TX Technology Project Manager
About the position
The Prudential El Paso PMO has continued to expand and is currently looking to hire an experienced IT Project Manager / Senior Project Manager to be part of one or more core business unit team’s responsible for successfully delivering infrastructure and/or application development projects on behalf of our business partners. The successful candidate would be expected to have current IT project management experience, strong communication (soft) skills, leadership ability and a proven track record of Project delivery success.
- Plan, control and monitor software development and software implementation projects
- Facilitate initial proposal meetings and ongoing discussions throughout the project lifecycle
- Complete work breakdown structure to estimate effort required for each task and identify when each task will be performed
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Act as a mediator between team members and stakeholders
- Resolve any risk/issues and solve problems throughout the project life cycle
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring that changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request forms
- Work with the project sponsor to provide initial and then detailed project estimates
- Prepare agendas for meetings, ensure that correct participants are included, and host meetings
- Work with project sponsor to facilitate the project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverable, required resources, budget and timing
- Develop tools and best practices for project management and execution
- Prepare regular status updates and presentations for Project Sponsor and senior management
- Coordinate project phases and tracks progress
- Prepare detailed MS Project project plans and liaise with project participants for updates
- Track issues and risks and escalate as appropriate
- Control and monitor project activities in accordance with our processes and project lifecycle
- Work closely with external vendors as required
- Strong organizational and coordination skills are essential, as is the ability to multitask and work with stakeholders in diverse locations
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and motivate peers and senior managers in partner organizations and to work across organizations to gain buy-in and build consensus to deliver on objectives
- Agile PM experience would be a bonus (PMI ACP preferred)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experienced in planning, controlling and monitoring projects to ensure projects are delivered on or within agreed schedules
- Articulate, confident and assertive
- Experienced in managing software development projects and a working knowledge of the various software development methodologies would be an advantage
- Process driven with a focus on quality and product delivery
- Experienced person with a proven track record operating at a senior level
- Strong customer focus with an ability to liaise and communicate effectively with business (non-IT) and technical stakeholders
- Self-motivated with an ability to work in teams, meet tight deadlines and possess enthusiasm and a willingness to learn new disciplines
- The ability to lead through influence and be a strong independent contributor
- Demonstrated leadership and team management abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strategic, operational and technical management skills
- Flexible and be able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments
- Demonstrate a creative and innovative approach to technical solutions
- The successful candidate should be willing to adapt their normal working hours as required to facilitate meetings with global colleagues
- PMI: PMP and/or ACP (Desired) or ITIL certification would be an advantage
- Experience or qualifications in CMMI, ISO or Six Sigma would be beneficial
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
Manager, Digital Proejct ManagementProject/Program Management - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: PLA00081
Project Management Specialist, ISS Program OfficeProject/Program Management - Hartford, CT | Scranton, PA | Dubuque, IA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: ISS0000J
The Individual Segment Solutions (ISS) organization is comprised of over 400 associates focused on delivering outcomes to Retirement Participants every day. The group is made of the Participant Service Center, Phone and Field Based Retirement Counselors providing a host of solutions through multiple channels. The Program Office is a centralized team within ISS focused on looking holistically across the organization to create streamlined processes, transparent and consistent measurement and initiative support. This role will play in an integral role in furthering the...
Investments Project Management AssociateProject/Program Management - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: PCG00072
Prudential Capital Group (PCG) is a PGIM business, and one of the largest asset managers of private fixed income securities with more than $82 billion of private debt and equity investments in more than 1,000 companies worldwide (as of December 31, 2017). Prudential Capital Group typically invests up to $13 billion annually in privately placed senior and mezzanine financings to middle-market companies. With 13 regional offices worldwide, Prudential Capital Group is known for investing in relationships, providing strategic capital and delivering consistent results....
Sr Analyst, Longevity Risk TransferProject/Program Management - Newark, NJ | Moosic, PA | Hartford, CT
- Full Time Position
- Job No: INT000FD
Prudential’s Global Pension Risk Transfer (PRT) business is the world’s leading provider of pension risk transfer solutions, specializing in buy-in and buy-out transactions in the U.S. and longevity risk transfer globally. Our team has completed the largest and most noteworthy pension risk transfer transactions ever done. Prudential provided the U.S. buy-outs for General Motors, Verizon, Motorola and others totaling almost $40 billion. Prudential also led the ground-breaking $28 billion longevity swap for British Telecom in 2014 and has reinsured the pensioner...