About the position
This is a challenging high visibility opportunity that requires at least 3 years of development experience with data integration projects. A Bachelor degree in IT or computer science would be ideal for this job. This position requires thorough knowledge of the data integration technologies, principles of data warehousing combined with tremendous customer service and communication skills and problem solving aptitude.
A production support specialist has to co-ordinate effectively with all the support groups and sub-systems to ensure prompt evaluation of a situation, and efficient resolution of it.
Production support specialist must perform initial triage, identify immediate solution and permanent fix based on the root cause analysis. Job holder must be experienced to deal with complex inquiries raised by customers from various departments.
Responsibilities of this job
1. Understand, monitor and evaluate production ETL job streams in support of HR Data as a Service platform.
2. Work well with the customer groups, educate the customers and proactively manage expectations.
3. Gather information related to issue or situation, do research and identify the root cause.
4. Provide immediate solutions as well as permanent preventative measures to ensure zero re-occurrence of the issue at hand.
5. Job holder should have the ability to perform data analysis, profiling and answer customer’s inquiries.
6. Efficiently do multi-tasking as there may be multiple concurrent situations.
7. Communicate status of the issues, identify opportunities for process/system improvements.
• Self-Motivated; ability to do multi-tasking efficiently
• Communication skills backed up with strong technical knowledge about the relational databases and data warehousing
• Strong SQL skills
• ETL tools: SSIS, Informatica (required)
• BI tools is a plus: Cognos, Tableau, PowerBI
• Cloudera/Hadoop is a plus
• Knowledge of networking, UNIX/Linix platforms
• Critical thinking, strong problem solving skills
• A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience with a minimum of 1 year of experience in technical customer support
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.