About the position
This is a leadership position in the Global Business and Technology Solutions Enterprise Information Management team responsible for:
- Leading the Enterprise Information Management data integration development efforts
- Establishing Informatica Shared Services across multiple business units and corporate centers.
- Establishing and directing information design including modeling, physical design, ETL design and development for all new initiatives.
- Establishing measures and metrics for all critical processes and manage the organization through use of these metrics, providing complete transparency and open communication to all interested customers and associates.
- Cultivating a strong team environment in which team members feel safe in challenging each other's ideas as they develop the best plan to meet business challenges and exceed customer expectations.
- Collaborate with architecture and infrastructure partners in maintaining highest levels of service for the shared services as well as developing best practices, process improvements, and facilitating an efficient utilization of the technology assets.
- Provide consultative and advisory services to various business stakeholders.
- Attracting, developing and retaining top talent to continually raise the bar on the capabilities and deliverables of the organization.
- Demonstrating financial discipline in managing budget and allocated expenses
Incumbent will also:
- Provide guidance and leadership to direct reports and support staff in all aspects of development activities related to data integration and management.
- Lead the application development function for the Information Management and Business Intelligence cluster leveraging modern methods and methodology to support data integration solutions aligned with customer expectations, on time, within budget, and with anticipated business value.
- Present complex ideas and concepts to internal and external customers in a professional, credible manner.
- Interface with internal business representatives to validate business requests for analysis. Package and present both intermediate and final analytical results.
- Gather required data and perform data analysis to support business need. Anticipate clients' future and ongoing needs by keeping abreast of the new technology/business trends and by keeping in touch with the business customers regularly.
- Effectively communicate to share knowledge and findings. Present results in a manner that the business partners can understand, ensuring interpretation, appropriate detail, usability, and value add.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 6 + years of IT leadership experience in roles of increasing responsibility and complexity.
- 5 - 8+ years of proven experience in leading information management and business intelligence function/data warehousing
- Demonstrable experience in building information delivery organizations preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, Critical thinker, Innovator, Change agent.
- Proven record of delivery.
- Laser sharp customer focus, with experience effectively managing matrix relationships.
- Multi-site leadership experience preferred.
- Skilled at resolving conflict and negotiating effectively and tactfully.
- Ability to set clear expectations and demand high performance.
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams and individuals.
- Strong Interpersonal (listening, written and verbal communication) and presentation skills.
- Strong practical knowledge of Informatica tools and products
- Strong knowledge of Hadoop/Spark (Cloudera is a plus)
- Knowledge of BI tools (Cognos, Tableau, Power BI is a plus)
SSIS and/or Pentajo is a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.