About the position
Enterprise Information Management team is looking for a motivated and experienced professional to lead the team of developers through execution of a portfolio of large data integration projects. This individual will work together with data engineers, DBAs and data consumers to determine, create and populate optimal data architectures, structures and systems.
This role requires an extensive knowledge of databases, data structures, data management and best engineering practices.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems
- Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry practices
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, and proof of concepts
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Gather required data and perform data analysis. Anticipate clients' future and ongoing needs by keeping abreast of the new technology/business trends and by keeping in touch with the business customers regularly.
- Develop data set processes for data modeling and production
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures
- Create custom software components (e.g. specialized UDFs)
- Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to marry systems together
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Collaborate with data architects, modelers and IT team members on project goals
- Serve as a technical lead for multiple technology projects and conduct design reviews
- Coordinate activities with other engineering resources on the team to ensure efficient execution of the projects.
- Cultivating a strong team environment in which team members feel safe in challenging each other's ideas as they develop the best plan to meet business challenges and exceed customer expectations.
- Collaborate with architecture and infrastructure partners in maintaining highest levels of service for the shared services as well as developing best practices, process improvements, and facilitating an efficient utilization of the technology assets.
- Present complex ideas and concepts to internal and external customers in a professional, credible manner.
- Develop high level cost estimates for new initiatives.
- Interface with internal business representatives to validate business requests for analysis. Package and present both intermediate and final analytical results.
- Attracting, developing and retaining top talent to continually raise the bar on the capabilities and deliverables of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5 + years of IT leadership experience in roles of increasing responsibility and complexity.
- 8 + years of proven experience in business intelligence function/data warehousing
- Strong leadership skills, Critical thinker, Innovator, Change agent.
- Proven record of delivery.
- Laser sharp customer focus, with experience effectively managing matrix relationships.
- Global team working experience preferred.
- Skill at resolving conflict and negotiating effectively and tactfully.
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams and individuals.
- Strong Interpersonal (listening, written and verbal communication) and presentation skills.
- Strong practical knowledge of Informatica tools and products
- Strong knowledge of Hadoop/Spark (Cloudera is a plus)
- Knowledge of BI tools (Cognos, Tableau, Power BI is a plus)
- SSIS and/or Pentaho is a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.