Communications/Public Relations - Newark, NJ Senior Internal Communications Associate
About the position
Who We Seek:
You are a dynamic, creative and resourceful professional who takes initiative, thrives in a fast- paced environment and is excited about being part of a team on a journey of accelerating transformation across Prudential.
You are comfortable operating in an agile environment, and are eager to build your capabilities and experience to successfully navigate the complexities of a large organization. You are a strong team player with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to operate at both a strategic and tactical level.
About the Role:
- Under the supervision of the Vice President of Communications, assist in the develop of communication plans and initiatives to support the Enabling Solutions communications team and our key business and communications partners.
- Support the Vice President of Communications in the development of internal communications initiatives, including but not limited to story writing, announcements, executive bios, as well as talking points to be used by leaders and spokespeople.
- Serve as writer and reporter to contribute stories and ideas for Enabling Times monthly newsletter. Submit ideas on options to tell our story in different ways using video and other multi-media methods.
- Support Enabling Solutions communications efforts to drive awareness and narrative through the use of photos and videos. Successful candidate should have advanced skillset in the applications and tools needed to create videos and presentations with minimal directive or supervision.
- In partnership with the Enabling Solutions Communications team, assist in activities to help raise the profile of teams and key business executives. Support ES events to create successful events and meetings.
- Assist team in activities that integrate with Corporate Global Communications team and business communications partners.
- Participates in project teams and initiatives impacting the business units as needed.
- 2-4 years’ experience working in communications and media relations either in-house or at PR firm.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills; takes direction well and clearly possesses the ability to translate strategy into tactical deliverables.
- Ability to connect the dots and take a business strategy or initiative and create a compelling narrative.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work effectively, and manage multiple projects at any given time.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
Communications SpecialistCommunications/Public Relations - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: GLO000L0
Vice President, Executive CommunicationsCommunications/Public Relations - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: BUS000EO
You are a dynamic, creative and resourceful communication professional who takes initiative, thrives in a fast- paced environment and is excited about being part of a high-performing team responsible for delivering an exceptional customer experience. You are comfortable operating in an agile environment, but also possess solid experience successfully navigating the complexities of a large organization. You are a strong team player with keen attention to detail and the ability to operate at both a strategic and tactical level.Within the Individual Solutions Group,...
Director, Communications/Public Relations (technology & consumer)Communications/Public Relations - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: GLO000KV
Are you someone with a passion for uncovering and telling stories about technology and finance, and how they are transforming life and the way we live it? Do you have the imagination and talent for surfacing compelling news hooks, and the grit to convert ideas into reality?
We are looking for an intellectually driven, risk-taking communications pro to spot opportunities in the news cycle and translate them into media coverage, delivering competitive advantage to Prudential. This newly created Director position will lead the development and implementation of integrated...
Public Relations ManagerCommunications/Public Relations - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: GLO000JL
The Global Communications team directs internal employee and external communications efforts to ensure the company's messages are aligned and delivered in accordance with Prudential’s goals and policies. To best partner with our businesses, we are expanding our Communications team which supports Individual Solutions. If you are a professional who thrives on driving integrated engagement strategies that help shape how external audiences understand and perceive the company's global income and protection story, consumer positioning, and overall differentiation in the...