Other - Hartford, CT | Dubuque, IA | Moosic, PA | Scranton, PAManager, Retirement Client Sales and Service
About the position
This position is responsible for managing a team of Retirement Counselors (representatives) who are accountable for achieving service and asset gathering/retention targets within a call center environment in Prudential Retirement. The incumbent will execute on growth and service strategies and monitor individual representative and team results against plan with a core focus on acting in the best interest of clients.
The incumbent will focus on coaching representatives on techniques that provide individuals/clients world class service. Works closely with Client Services and other key business partners to identify the best opportunities to increase growth in overall opportunities for asset gathering, asset retention and persistency of our books of business. Successful candidate will display strong knowledge of the individual retirement marketplace, retirement plan structures and individual retirement products/services including Mutual Funds, ETFs, Managed Accounts, Stable Value Products, and Annuities.
- Manages Retirement Counseling team across multiple sites within Prudential Retirement
- Accountable for achieving growth targets, close ratios, and service standard/service level objectives
- Manages the team to achieve results, in a call center environment, through strong talent development, performance management, and clear objectives with a core focus on always acting in the best interest of clients
- Coaches representatives on service approach, pipeline/growth strategies, both through inbound and outbound calls
- Conducts team training to maximize results and manages performance using pipeline metrics, service level reporting and ongoing review of opportunities
- Works closely with Client Services and Full Service Operations teams to develop the most efficient end-to-end processes that create the best participant experience
- Supports the overall strategic focus of Prudential Retirement’s Full Service Solutions/Individual Segment Solutions business lines and Prudential Financials’ broader strategies
- Represent Prudential Retirement at client and intermediary site visit meetings showcasing
- The value proposition of the Individual Segment Solutions business unit
- Ensures that all FINRA, SEC, and state insurance regulatory compliance requirements are met by team members
- Works closely with all client facing team in Prudential Retirement to identify best practices and to create capacity coverage during times of peak volumes
3-5 years of leadership experience in the financial services industry, with a focus on individual retirement consulting
- Experience within a sales environment and strong consultative skills
- Successful background coaching representatives to drive consistent achievement of objectives and goals.
- Excellent understanding of defined contribution plans and in-plan investment options; strong understanding of individual retirement products and services
- Extensive understanding of the retirement saving behaviors of participants
- Strong support/operational process orientation
- Excellent collaboration across business units to drive a better participant experience and drive outcomes; partners with support areas to create an optimal client experience
- Strong talent management mindset with demonstrated ability to execute performance management processes.
- Strong financial aptitude with a thorough understanding of business profitability levers, investment products and services
- Superior communication skills (oral, written, and formal presentation)
- FINRA Series 7, 24, 63 licensed or ability to obtain within 120 days of hire; state insurance licenses required
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.