Technology - Newark, NJ Manager, Data Management/Governance
About the position
Prudential Financial seeks an experienced and enthusiastic Data Management Manager.We are looking for someone who understands data management frameworks, technologies and best practices to support our expanding data management initiatives.The successful candidate will support the implementation of Prudential’s Customer Office data management strategy as we evolve our data infrastructure. This role requires a strong knowledge of data management frameworks, big data environments and data management solutions. This individual will be skilled in implementing data management frameworks leveraging people, processes and technology to automate wherever possible. This individual will be expected to work effectively with a variety of cross-functional business partners, including, business, technology, engineering, analytics and more. This highly motivated individual will have a strong passion for data management, and in-depth experience in data governance, data management frameworks, metadata/master data management, data quality, policy creation, data standards and controls.
The right person will oversee data management on central data platforms and work across the enterprise with other technology and data engineering teams to build out best practices for implementation of frameworks, governance and controls to enable fast and efficient data discovery. Responsibilities for this position include building the frameworks, sourcing, leading, and presenting forward-thinking, high-impact solutions for data management approaches designed to make data useful. You will work in an exciting and engaging environment, where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and most importantly, have fun.
This position reports to the Vice President of Data Management. Our team merges the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up with the stability of one of the world’s most established financial services companies. We operate in a fast-paced environment and need someone who takes initiative and is excited about being part of a cultural and business transformation.
- Support the implementation of the data management framework, define processes required to make data useful and manage data as an asset.
- Manages a portfolio of activities across many functions: data governance, data standards and controls, data lineage and metadata management, data quality monitoring and reporting.
- Lead the process for data asset acquisition and review new data requests, to ensure alignment with data governance processes.
- Understand and support various strategic initiatives related to data management.
- Understand and identifies linkages between the projects and identify priorities.
- Interact with various business group within the organization to enable execution of Customer Office data strategy, work with various groups to drive data quality / data management and metadata related projects
- Define success criteria / KPIs / desired outcomes / direct value delivered for existing and future data management projects
- Provides support for various data governance working groups and management committees, lead as well as manage and escalate issues.
- Define / assess methodologies, technologies & frameworks for identifying and governing data projects.
- Identify and program manage new data management initiatives and drive delivery of direct tangible business value.
- Interface with various business and technical teams within the organization
At least 5+ years of experience in data and technology fields, including significant experience in data management and governance.
Experience with Open Source technologies
Experience with implementing or owning metadata management tools and data security platforms
Deep technology knowledge and ability to partner closely with all technology partners on data infrastructure issues
Strong knowledge of data management frameworks, data or information management, data flows and data quality standards. Analytical ability to work with data and present results.
Excellent communication and persuasion skills; adept at visualizing and communicating key ideas.
Accustomed to managing multiple efforts across different areas. Experience managing projects, budgets and schedules to successful completion. Knowledge of Agile a plus.
Entrepreneurial spirit, persistence, and resilience; comfort with and ability to thrive on and drive change while navigating ambiguity.
Financial services industry experience a plus.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.