About the position
The Director of Disability Claims is accountable for all claim management activities and personnel for the Short Term Disability (STD) and Absence Management organization in Portland, ME. The Director will demonstrate exceptional leadership and bring strong technical expertise in customer service, quality and claim management best practices. In addition, the incumbent will serve as an operational excellence ambassador identifying and implementing opportunities for continuous process improvement.
The Director manages staff of approximately 50+ direct and indirect reports with ultimate responsibility for talent development through coaching, mentoring, and performance management. The incumbent will collaborate with leaders and teams across the Group Insurance organization in identifying and implementing strategic initiatives and in meeting business goals. They will also be responsible for leading strategic initiatives for disability claim management and product enhancements, and improving processes and procedures for both Absence and STD claim management.
- 10 years of Disability claims or Group Insurance experience, STD preferred
- Experience and knowledge of STD, state mandated plans, FMLA/Leave Management, and ERISA
- 5 to 7 years of management experience, leading 25 people or more
- 1 to 3 years of Absence (FMLA) experience preferred
- Experience leading an organization through change
- Demonstrated success in driving cultural change and employee engagement
- Superior leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent relationship building and partnership skills
- Understanding of customers’ needs and delivering an outstanding service experience
- Ability to achieve results through others
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.