Technology - Sunnyvale, CA | Newark, NJSenior Technical Writer and Communications Specialist
About the position
We are looking for a Senior Technical Writer and Communications Specialist who can work with Technologists, Product Managers, Corporate Communications, and external technology and business communities to:
- Create communication material and inspire teams to adopt and use cutting edge technology and solutions
- Develop impactful artifacts that encourage collaborative solutions and nurture learning environments
The role requires someone who can produce content on:
- Business-focused technical presentations
- Technical Manuals and API documentation for Platforms and Systems
- Innovation through success stories and case studies
- Industry best practices
- Enablement and enhancement opportunities for collaboration
In addition, the candidate is expected to:
- Manage and produce regular communications such as newsletters, blogs, and external articles
- Run open house for Q&A, demo days, workshops and manage social intranet to encourage intra and inter team communications
- Gather employee feedback and help drive continuous improvement of internal communications efforts by running periodic surveys
- Advise and support colleagues on how to achieve effective internal communications through development and best practice sharing
- Maintain auditable documentation for the division
- Travel occasionally across US offices
The successful candidate will have a minimum 10 years of experience working in Technical Writing and Communications.
- A graduate qualification at bachelor’s level with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expert knowledge of communications / API documentation tools and techniques; Proficiency with Office 365, SharePoint, Wiki, Framemaker, RoboHelp, Drupal, and Swagger
- A self-starter with demonstrable critical thinking and ability to plan and effectively prioritize tasks with attention to detail
- Proven ability to establish internal communications strategy and manage and implement results orientated communications programs to engage colleagues
- Exceptional in inter-personal interactions in order produce high-quality deliverables
- Sets realistic expectations with stakeholders through effective processes to deliver successfully
- Curiosity and interest to use web/mobile apps and aware of latest trends/developments in design
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
ServiceNow Developer-Bilingual AssociateTechnology - Roseland, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: GBT000D0
Manager, Quality Engineering and Project ManagementTechnology - Sunnyvale, CA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: CO 0001L
Prudential is seeking a Manager of QE and project management with a proven track record of delivering high-quality products in financial services or similar highly technical industries. The person filling this role will be responsible for providing strategic thought leadership and measurable, defined outcomes in the area of QA and project management encompassing engineering of testing including but not limited to functional testing, regression testing, performance, security and load testing, and automation of all, as well as delivering technical projects across...
IT Infrastructure Operations SpecialistTechnology - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: QMA0007G
Team function & responsibilities
As a part of IT Infrastructure operations, analyst will function as a team member responsible for delivery of services across several IT infrastructure areas. This includes, Service desk, administration, maintenance, monitoring and operations of Windows and Linux, servers/desktops, VMware and storage systems. A focus on maintaining stable and supportable environments adhering to defined engineering standards and service levels.
Provide request, incident and problem management for users and supported systems. Following service and...
Cloud ArchitectTechnology - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: ENT0007X
The candidate will be expected to lead in the following areas:
Cloud Solution Architect: Ability to convert business requirements to Cloud solutions. Help educate teams to migrate and develop new cloud applications. Possess Strong Cloud Implementation Experience in Cloud architecture/design, compute/storage services. Understand multi-datacenter/multi-zone based designs. Ability to think/provide solutions utilizing best practices for resiliency, scalability, resource utilization...