Human Resources - Newark, NJ Vice President, Inclusion & Business Execution
About the position
At Prudential, we believe we have a moral and business imperative to move beyond “valuing diversity” to fostering a truly inclusive culture. Prudential was founded on a belief that everyone should have the opportunity to be financially secure. We have built our reputation and our business on a dedication to expanding financial wellness to working families, customers and communities of all backgrounds, and guiding the industry on issues of social responsibility and inclusive economic growth. We will deepen this commitment to our employees and customers by making inclusion a key component of our culture, talent and execution.
We are seeking a Vice President, Business Execution to help lead Prudential’s Diversity & Inclusion Center of Expertise and serve as a consultative strategist for our business divisions and corporate centers. You will work closely with business leaders, Human Resources Partners, and experienced professionals in our Organizational Effectiveness and Talent Management teams to set, implement, and track progress against specific goals relating to Prudential’s culture, people and business performance. You will be responsible for promoting the business case for inclusion and integrating inclusive best practices into Prudential’s day to day practices: guiding the “Execution” area of focus of the Inclusion program and as a subject matter expert across client groups.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Diversity, Inclusion and Impact and preferably based in Newark, New Jersey you will have the following responsibilities:
- You will partner with business leaders and corporate groups, including Corporate Social Responsibility and Multicultural Marketing, to implement, pilot and/or replicate specific strategies to strengthen inclusion and enable people and business performance
- You will lead development, communication, reporting and progress tracking for Accountability Letters from division and business leaders in support of business- and group-specific diversity and inclusion goals
- You will partner across the company to understand business priorities, develop action plans and disseminate best practices for inclusive approaches and market strategies
- You will translate external research on the business case for diversity and inclusion to Prudential’s businesses, initiatives and strategic goals
- You will create and manage an ongoing, enterprise-wide inventory of current, past and future initiatives that demonstrate(d) inclusive business practices and diverse market strategies; you will track status, scope and impact of these initiatives and develop case studies to share and replicate findings
- You will lead the creation of a Diversity Scorecard framework to measure progress against the company’s diversity and inclusion goals
- You will champion inclusion throughout the company and cultivate engagement/accountability with stakeholders and partners
- You will have a deep knowledge of and experience in one or more of the following areas: diversity & inclusion; organizational effectiveness; business transformation & innovation; collaboration & team effectiveness; managerial effectiveness; and/or change management.
Bachelor's degree; MBA or other relevant Master's degree preferred
Minimum 10 years corporate professional experience; strategy, consulting and/or project management experience desirable
Experience working cross-functionally and strengthening relationship at all levels of the organization and across multiple locations
Impact without formal authority
Earn credibility and create buy-in among leaders, managers and employees
Demonstrated ability to quickly understand and translate strategy into practical solutions
Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
Willing and able to facilitate and initiate candid, productive conversations on a variety of topics including race, gender, sexual orientation, ability and identity
Positive, self-starter able to work without significant oversight or day to day direction
Flexible and innovative in a productive, growth-oriented and time-critical environment
Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
Director, HR Business Partner (Actuarial )Human Resources - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: ACT000QH
Senior Talent Acquisition PartnerHuman Resources - Dresher, PA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: TAL0002Y
Vice President, Prudential Advisors Human ResourcesHuman Resources - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: AGE0001D
Prudential is one of the largest financial services companies in the world and consistently recognized as an environment where talent develops and grows. The company distributes its U.S. insurance and annuity products through a variety of channels, including internal financial professionals in ‘Prudential Advisors’, Prudential’s nationwide U.S. sales organization. Prudential Advisors has approximately 4,000 associates including a sales force of over 3,000 financial professionals and approximately 300 field managers, with representation in 49 states. Prudential...
Asset Management Talent Acquisition Consultant, Contract RecruiterHuman Resources - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: TAL0002X
Prudential is seeking an Asset Management Senior Contract Recruiter to work with Hiring Managers to define/hone job specifications and then independently create and execute comprehensive sourcing strategies to reach and attract top talent. As a senior recruiter you will leverage multiple resources and tools to research the external market and source/network to identify and recruit talent. Responsibilities will also include assessing candidates skills and experience and non-technical skills/knowledge and attributes. You will work directly with Hiring Managers and HR...