Asset Management - Newark, NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Credit Derivative Trader
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of June 30, 2019, the firm has $809 billion of assets under management including $346 billion in institutional assets, $142 billion in retail assets, and $321 billion in proprietary assets. Over 700 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
The Credit Derivatives Trader will focus on corporate credit derivatives including credit default swap single names, indices and tranches, bespoke tranches, total return swaps on corporate indices, and options.
- Primary point for execution of these products and contribute to risk positioning and trade idea generation coming from relative value between regions, series, curves, and tranches.
- Work with single sector corporate Portfolio Manager’s on relative value and multi-sector/multi-asset Portfolio Manager’s on macro risk.
- Interact with Quantitative Strategies team in a financial modeling capacity to assess fair / relative value of the derivatives.
- Meet with clients and prospects to discuss derivative markets, positioning, and performance.
- BS degree and/or MBA and CFA
- A background in fixed income credit derivative products, portfolio management and / or trading of these products
- Experience working with a Quantitative Research team in a derivative modeling capacity.
- Ability to work as part of a large team of portfolio managers, portfolio analysis group members, and credit analysts to communicate trade ideas, trade execution and performance.
- A strong team player with the ability to be client facing.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.