About the position
Prudential Retirement, a division of Prudential Financial, Inc., delivers retirement plan solutions for public, private, and nonprofit organizations. Services include defined contribution, defined benefit and non-qualified deferred compensation recordkeeping, administrative services, investment management, comprehensive employee education and communications, and trustee services, as well as a variety of products and strategies, including institutional investment and income products, pension risk transfer solutions and structured settlement services.
Prudential Retirement has a VP, Sales opening available for the following territory: New Jersey and Upstate NY.
Develop/maintain relationships with pension focused intermediaries. Identify and cultivate prospective clients, prepare and deliver new business presentations, and close the sales of retirement plan products and services. May assist in maintaining client relationships, perhaps with relationship management and/or plan administration staff. May provide guidance to more junior staff, but has no formal supervisory responsibility.
- Strategic territory development for assigned territory. Develop and foster broad relationships with intermediaries.
- Sell qualified defined contribution, qualified defined benefit, and nonqualified (DB and DC) bundled retirement services through intermediaries
- Exceed sales production goals measured in terms of revenue sold
- Effectively utilize internal sales resources
- Minimum of 3 years of experience selling defined contribution bundled retirement solutions
- Minimum of 5 years and preferably 10 years of experience related to the retirement business.
- Demonstrated ability to seek out and develop new intermediary relationship
- Demonstrated ability to strategically develop a sales region
- Demonstrated ability to develop key internal partner relationships
- A proven track record of retirement plan sales
- FINRA licenses 6 & 63 and life insurance license must be obtained within 120 days of hire.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.