About the position
Prudential is seeking a Director of Investment Product Innovation with a proven investment management and retail financial planning background. The person filling this role will be instrumental in guiding the strategic vision as well as managing the tactical responsibilities of the investment management team.
The work for which the Director of Investment Product Innovation will be responsible for requires strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively manage product initiatives. We are looking for a self-driving asset management professional, preferably with strategy or product management experience, who has an innate thirst for knowledge to own resolution of certain issues and not simply execute projects on a timely basis. Leadership, teamwork, systems thinking, attention to detail, and strong communication will be key to success in this role.
As Director of Investment Product Innovation, you will be part of the investment management team and help shape, direct, and execute our investment product vision. You will be responsible for creating a cohesive vision & strategy for new and existing investment products, conducting competitor analysis, working with partners to explore feasibility of ideas, and building and executing a roadmap to bring those ideas to fruition. You'll be challenged to blend customer-centric principles with industry-changing innovation. You will work directly for Prudential’s Head of Investment Management in the Customer Office and integrate with product, marketing and digital technology teams, to create products and experiences that delight and wow our customers.
You will get to work in an exciting and engaging agile startup environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, and share new ideas.
Major Responsibilities Include
· Well-developed leadership, management, and strategic-thinking skills, with the ability to excite and lead others in a highly collaborative environment
· Proven experience in gathering and transforming customer/business needs into actionable roadmaps, turning roadmaps into requirements, and ultimately turning requirements into products
· Strong relationship management skills; building meaningful partnerships across peers, partners, business units, and vendors
· Top notch written and verbal communication skills, including experience presenting to executive leadership, building consensus, and adapting to different audiences to address their needs
· Strong systems thinker; strives for clarity and feedback loops
· Believes in continuous improvement, coaching, transparency, problem solving, reducing / eliminating waste, and open communication
· 8+ years of Investment Management and/or Financial Planning experience
· Strong understanding of the asset management industry and the retail market
· Strong understanding of the financial planning concepts as well as investment, insurance, and annuity products
· Solid understanding of financial, legal, and compliance regulations and guidelines
· Desire and ability to engage and collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders
· Strong interpersonal and partnership skills
· Must have strong attention to detail
· B.A or B.S. degree, MBA and/or CFA and/or CFP preferred
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.