Technology - Sunnyvale, CA | Newark, NJLead Java Engineer
About the position
Prudential Customer Office is building a startup culture in the company that is touching 20 Million+ lives, yet thinks agile. A company where talent drives success and your work touches everyone from a 25-year-old to folks over 90 years old living in retirement. We care about web accessibility. We care how we treat our customers. Our employees are passionate about what they do and make it happen.
Technical lead is a senior level technical contributor as well as an effective leader of a development team who has demonstrated expertise in a variety of information technology concepts, practices, and procedures and can design, modify, develop, write and implement software applications. Engineer, who has passion for new technologies, understands end to end web development technology stack, responsive web design, Service oriented architecture(SOA) and turns concepts to life using Agile framework. We are looking for someone who is outcome focused, loves challenges and can work collaboratively.
- Collaborate with technology, architecture, product management and design teams to drive outcomes with focus on enriched customer experience
- Work in an iterative/Agile environment and be a strong team player
- Be able to manage multiple task and projects simultaneously
- Ability to deliver end to end solution using innovative approaches to complex design problems
- Lead technical design activities, and ensures all technical hurdles are resolved to deliver high quality product roadmap
- Analyze and tune application performance with a focus on service/message throughput and latency.
- Conduct code reviews for system modifications and development. Ability to work flexible hours as needed to accommodate offshore team needs
- Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality
- Ensure that software standards and quality targets are met
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of Core Java development experience using J2EE
- Must have experience with service implementation using service oriented architecture (SOA) patterns
- Excellent knowledge of MVC design pattern, dependency injection
- Must have strong working experience with Web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, JAXB, JAX-WS
- Experience with backend technologies including Java, J2EE, JBoss, SpringBoot, SpringMVC, JPA, Tomcat, Hibernate
- Experience with SQL, OOD, XML, JDBC, Shell, & Perl Scripting is a plus
- Familiar with security concepts ( authentication , authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, web service proxies, firewalls, multi protocol gateways
- Understanding of Agile SDLC methodologies is a must.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as CodeDeploy, Artifactory, SonarQube, Selenium, Jenkins, Ansible is highly desirable
- Experience with monitoring and logging techniques and tools such as CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk and Dynatrace etc.
- Possess excellent software architecture, design and problem solving skills
- A TECHIE that lives for emerging technologies, and is hungry to keep learning.
- Driven, self-motivated, able to work under pressure using sound judgment & professionalism.
- Demonstrates a craving for continuous improvement, through understanding of new technology innovation and its application
- Champions employee engagement within SCRUM team. Is the primary change agent for the team. Remains positive, direct, data-driven, constructive and vocally self-critical.
- Travel to local Prudential sites up to 10%
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
ServiceNow Developer-Bilingual AssociateTechnology - Roseland, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: GBT000D0
Manager, Quality Engineering and Project ManagementTechnology - Sunnyvale, CA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: CO 0001L
Prudential is seeking a Manager of QE and project management with a proven track record of delivering high-quality products in financial services or similar highly technical industries. The person filling this role will be responsible for providing strategic thought leadership and measurable, defined outcomes in the area of QA and project management encompassing engineering of testing including but not limited to functional testing, regression testing, performance, security and load testing, and automation of all, as well as delivering technical projects across...
IT Infrastructure Operations SpecialistTechnology - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: QMA0007G
Team function & responsibilities
As a part of IT Infrastructure operations, analyst will function as a team member responsible for delivery of services across several IT infrastructure areas. This includes, Service desk, administration, maintenance, monitoring and operations of Windows and Linux, servers/desktops, VMware and storage systems. A focus on maintaining stable and supportable environments adhering to defined engineering standards and service levels.
Provide request, incident and problem management for users and supported systems. Following service and...
Cloud ArchitectTechnology - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: ENT0007X
The candidate will be expected to lead in the following areas:
Cloud Solution Architect: Ability to convert business requirements to Cloud solutions. Help educate teams to migrate and develop new cloud applications. Possess Strong Cloud Implementation Experience in Cloud architecture/design, compute/storage services. Understand multi-datacenter/multi-zone based designs. Ability to think/provide solutions utilizing best practices for resiliency, scalability, resource utilization...