Prudential Financial seeks an experienced and enthusiastic Data Management Manager.We are looking for someone who understands data management frameworks, technologies and best practices to support our expanding data management initiatives.The successful candidate will support the implementation of Prudential’s Customer Office data management strategy as we evolve our data infrastructure. This role requires a strong knowledge of data management frameworks, big data environments and data management solutions. The individual we hire will be skilled in implementing data...
Technology - Sunnyvale, CA | Newark, NJLead Java Engineer
About the position
Prudential Customer Office is building a startup culture in the company that is touching 20 Million+ lives, yet thinks agile. A company where talent drives success and your work touches everyone from a 25-year-old to folks over 90 years old living in retirement. We care about web accessibility. We care how we treat our customers. Our employees are passionate about what they do and make it happen.
Technical lead is a senior level technical contributor as well as an effective leader of a development team who has demonstrated expertise in a variety of information technology concepts, practices, and procedures and can design, modify, develop, write and implement software applications. Engineer, who has passion for new technologies, understands end to end web development technology stack, responsive web design, Service oriented architecture(SOA) and turns concepts to life using Agile framework. We are looking for someone who is outcome focused, loves challenges and can work collaboratively.
- Collaborate with technology, architecture, product management and design teams to drive outcomes with focus on enriched customer experience
- Work in an iterative/Agile environment and be a strong team player
- Be able to manage multiple task and projects simultaneously
- Ability to deliver end to end solution using innovative approaches to complex design problems
- Lead technical design activities, and ensures all technical hurdles are resolved to deliver high quality product roadmap
- Analyze and tune application performance with a focus on service/message throughput and latency.
- Conduct code reviews for system modifications and development. Ability to work flexible hours as needed to accommodate offshore team needs
- Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality
- Ensure that software standards and quality targets are met
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of Core Java development experience using J2EE
- Must have experience with service implementation using service oriented architecture (SOA) patterns
- Excellent knowledge of MVC design pattern, dependency injection
- Must have strong working experience with Web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, JAXB, JAX-WS
- Experience with backend technologies including Java, J2EE, JBoss, SpringBoot, SpringMVC, JPA, Tomcat, Hibernate
- Experience with SQL, OOD, XML, JDBC, Shell, & Perl Scripting is a plus
- Familiar with security concepts ( authentication , authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, web service proxies, firewalls, multi protocol gateways
- Understanding of Agile SDLC methodologies is a must.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as CodeDeploy, Artifactory, SonarQube, Selenium, Jenkins, Ansible is highly desirable
- Experience with monitoring and logging techniques and tools such as CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk and Dynatrace etc.
- Possess excellent software architecture, design and problem solving skills
- A TECHIE that lives for emerging technologies, and is hungry to keep learning.
- Driven, self-motivated, able to work under pressure using sound judgment & professionalism.
- Demonstrates a craving for continuous improvement, through understanding of new technology innovation and its application
- Champions employee engagement within SCRUM team. Is the primary change agent for the team. Remains positive, direct, data-driven, constructive and vocally self-critical.
- Travel to local Prudential sites up to 10%
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
Data Management/Governance ManagerTechnology - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: DAT00045
Web Accessibility Test LeadTechnology - Newark, NJ | Moosic, PA | Shelton, CT | Dresher, PA | Hartford, CT
- Full Time Position
- Job No: TCO00001
Sr. QA Web AccessibilityTechnology - Newark, NJ | El Paso, TX
- Full Time Position
- Job No: EP 0003B
The Prudential El Paso office is seeking an Accessibility Quality Assurance Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support the El Paso and Newark (GBTS - Global Business & Technology Solutions) Center. The optimal candidate will not only be able to demonstrate their knowledge, but also sensitivity to the access needs of people with disabilities.
Software EngineerTechnology - Roseland, NJ | Plymouth, MN
- Full Time Position
- Job No: MES00007