Marketing - Newark, NJ Director, Growth Initiatives Strategy
About the position
Who we seek:
Are you someone who enjoys bringing strategic mindset to a portfolio of initiatives with keen eye towards outcomes?
Can you work with multiple businesses and C level management to deliver on priorities, create optimal strategies, execution plans and ensure their delivery?
Do you want to work in a startup environment but within a large stable company?
Do you enjoy being part of fast-paced, creative and fun teams working on truly transformative initiatives that will help shape the future?
If the answer to all of those questions is “Yes”, then read-on….
The Customer Office at Prudential is a team that merges the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up with the stability of one of the world's most established financial services companies to deliver best in class experiences to our customers. It’s an exciting and engaging environment with an agile mindset where team-members are encouraged to expand their skills, test creative boundaries, share new ideas, and, most importantly, have fun.
Marketing and Enterprise Growth Team within the U.S. Business’ Customer Office is looking for a Director of Growth Initiatives Strategy with a proven track record of designing business strategies for major revenue drives in a financial service setting.
On daily basis, you will work directly with the Group Operations Officer to help develop and execute high visibility initiatives across Prudential’s products and businesses that will result in financial betterment for Prudential’s 30 million customers.
We are looking for self-starting individual, with superior analytical, governance, portfolio management and creative problem-solving skills that is capable of operating at a highly strategic level but also apply resources to ensure delivery of results.
This position will play an instrumental role in shaping the future of the company, identifying unmet customer needs and goals, as well as deepening customer relationships across 3 major Segments. Your work will translate directly into company’s KPIs and revenue targets.
- Develop strategic frameworks and help build consensus on strategic priorities to socialize with business leaders within and outside of the Customer Office.
- Become a conduit for knowledge management for CO and its partners.
- Provide ad-hoc analyses and decision support to advance the strategic priorities of the Customer Office.
- Develop and implement vision and strategy for driving digital and offline engagement among targeted populations.
- Build test and learn strategy (online and offline) for Pru customer engagement that creates economic value for the business.
- Provide advice/consultation to Prudential’s lines of business, assisting them in creating strategies and in leveraging digital assets and trends to create opportunities to meet business goals.
- Create business and financial models to justify the strategy
- Gather insights and competitive intelligence to size the market and opportunities
- Stay up to date on current and emerging trends, best practices and technologies and continually seek ways to improve digital marketing effectiveness
- 10+ years of strategy experience, preferably in management consulting
- Experience working in the Financial Services industry preferred; an understanding of Prudential businesses is a plus.
- Strong Digital background
- Proficient in analytics, opportunity and business sizing
- Ability to think broadly yet possess exceptional attention to detail to operate at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Resourcefulness and initiative to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence senior executives across multiple business units and functions
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize, adapt and execute in a fast-paced business environment
- Strong business acumen, with excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to synthesize issues and translate them into action plans
- Excellent consultative skills and ability to form strong business relationships at all levels
- Strong track record in partnering to drive projects to conclusion with excellent execution
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- Strong executive presence; trust and has high integrity
- Displays optimism and determination when facing challenges
- Strong sense of urgency and drive for results; self-motivated and deadline driven
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
Director, Behaviorial Science and MarketingMarketing - Shelton, CT | Newark, NJ | Hartford, CT
- Full Time Position
- Job No: BUS000FB
Sr. Communications AssociateMarketing - Dubuque, IA | Scranton, PA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: BUS000EW
On a daily basis, the Sr. Communications Associate is responsible for the creation of regulatory materials as a result of requests received for product service adds, new business, merger and acquisition, fund changes (global and client directed), annual notice requirements as well as notifications directed by Prudential legal counsel. In addition, they are responsible for large volume notice requirements such as Annual Notices and strategic projects. This responsibility involves project management, testing system enhancements, volume and capacity management and...
Director, Investment and Pension Solutions MarketingMarketing - Iselin, NJ | Hartford, CT
- Full Time Position
- Job No: MAR000ET
The Marketing Director, Investment and Pension Solutions Marketing will be responsible for orchestrating and guiding the Strategic Marketing activities for the Investment and Pension Solutions businesses within Prudential Retirement, including Pension Risk Transfer, Longevity Risk Transfer, Stable Value and Structured Settlements. The individual will lead a high caliber team of strategic marketing professionals and will report to the VP, Head of Institutional Marketing Strategy. There are three positions directly reporting to this individual, responsible for the...
Vice President, Marketing Communication & Administration (Newark, NJ or Chicago, IL)Marketing - Newark, NJ | Chicago, IL
- Full Time Position
- Job No: PCG00074
Prudential Capital Group (PCG) is the private capital investment arm of PGIM, the $1 trillion global investment management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE:PRU). Prudential Capital Group has been a leading provider of private placements, mezzanine debt and equity, to companies for more than 75 years. Managing a portfolio of nearly $82 billion as of December 31, 2017, Prudential Capital offers senior debt, mezzanine financing, leveraged leases, project financing, credit tenant leases as well as asset financing to companies, worldwide....